Floating on the river in EVANSVILLE!

5 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Ok, you may be right, but this comes across a little mean. Pioneer have done some fantastic shows in the past regardless of placement. If someone saw their show it would be nice to read a little about what they are doing, playing, how they sound, look, etc.  Who cares where they place as long as the kids are learning, performing, having fun, and enjoying a safe and healthy tour.  

In my opinion, Pioneer needs an overhaul and to get away from the Irish stuff. I'm still trying to figure out what Les Miz has to do with the Irish. 

4 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

In my opinion, Pioneer needs an overhaul and to get away from the Irish stuff. I'm still trying to figure out what Les Miz has to do with the Irish. 

Maybe they were trying to move away from Irish stuff!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

1 minute ago, LabMaster said:

And it's a long fly ball towards left (LM is a right handed batter), it's going, going........................!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Admittedly, I know nothing. Maybe I should research what their show is about before I comment. I wonder if they should go Open Class. I marched Open Class back when it was A-60. Not a bad place to be. Gosh, there were SO many corps back then.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I'm still trying to figure out what Les Miz has to do with the Irish. 

Because....one of the actors in the musical was Irish!

Just now, henry7184 said:

No? You're being funny.

Although I do think it's funny, I am being serious. That was in their original press release.

One of the original actors from the musical was Irish, so they re-imagined the story from an Irish perspective.

Holy contrived Batman!

18 minutes ago, Nine White Russians said:

Although I do think it's funny, I am being serious. That was in their original press release.

One of the original actors from the musical was Irish, so they re-imagined the story from an Irish perspective.

Holy contrived Batman!

No!

If you are going to trash Pioneer why don't you get the story right...they said it was rumored that Jean Valjean's mother (Jeanne Mathieu) was of Irish decent...I do believe that is even a real stretch though...

"For 2017, the Irish go Broadway! The production is called, “Irish 24601.” It is based on the character Jean Valjean from the musical, “Les Miserables.” The rumor is that he was 50% Irish from his mother’s side."

Edited by Liahona

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

No!

If you are going to trash Pioneer why don't you get the story right...they said it was rumored that Jean Valjean's mother (Jeanne Mathieu) was of part Irish decent...

"For 2017, the Irish go Broadway! The production is called, “Irish 24601.” It is based on the character Jean Valjean from the musical, “Les Miserables.” The rumor is that he was 50% Irish from his mother’s side."

So it was SEAN Valjean?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

No!

If you are going to trash Pioneer why don't you get the story right...they said it was rumored that Jean Valjean's mother (Jeanne Mathieu) was of part Irish decent...

To be fair they have had 9 white Russians. There can be some leeway in story telling once you get past 4. :guinesssmilie: