Santa Barbara Showdown - June 28, 2017

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Lots of Calif. is just meh, imo.... but Santa Barbara, Calif is really a beautiful, scenic, seaside town, imo

If you can stomach all the #### vampires. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, t.a.r.b. said:

Starting to notice how similar SCV and Phantom look from a distance.

Also sounds like the corps will be performing standstills of their shows after their field performance. Going to be a great night in SoCal!

Starting to wish I would've made the drive up now!

• Like 1

Great first run from Phantom. Although the hornline is visibly smaller thanks to the massive guard taking the field, they have great presence and volume. Also a solid performance from the percussion; drumline is clearly into their product.

and now for elsas procession 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, btown50 said:

You know... SCV's uniforms from the back look pretty bad###.  And they all seem to have an athletic body so the spandex fits pretty well on them.  I bet I'd look like a lava lamp if someone were to film me in slow motion while in those unis.  ::shudder::

• Like 2

Ah Santa Barbara. Flew a Cessna 172 into the airport there one time, Signature Flight there was pretty awesome, had our car waiting there on the ramp for us before we shut down. Went hiking in the San Marcos Foothill Nature Preserve (amazing views), had lunch outside at the Fess Parker hotel on the waterfront...highly recommend! And if you ever get a chance, stay at the Kimpton Goodland. What a cool hotel! Will definitely be back.

• Like 2

Been a long time since I've seen a live show, so long I brought one of my 12 year old girls and my 10 year old.  They fell in love with drum corps tonight.  All four corps show were wonderful.  My youngest loves BK!  The older one love BD.  Smart girl!  BD is out for revenge.

• Like 1