Corps member getting kicked out

Had a random memory today. I remember when I marched we were on tour with a corps, and I cannot remember who it was...anyway, the rumor going around was they kicked out a member, I believe a snare player. Took him to the bus stop and sent him home. Never really knew if that actually happened, but definitely remember people talking about it. Has anyone heard of any stories like this? 

I think I recall hearing about the incident you are talking about, but any details had best remain closed. 

Sadly i think something happened finals day with 2000 BD. Think a bass player was caught with drugs and sent home. But later that evening after BD had left to take the field for their finals run, he grabbed his uniform and drum, ran onto the field before anyone could stop him. He was immediately arrested afterward and didn't take part in retreat. Please don't quote me on all that as i may have missed something or said something false. Maybe someone who was there has more accurate info. 

19 minutes ago, JKT90 said:

Had a random memory today. I remember when I marched we were on tour with a corps, and I cannot remember who it was...anyway, the rumor going around was they kicked out a member, I believe a snare player. Took him to the bus stop and sent him home. Never really knew if that actually happened, but definitely remember people talking about it. Has anyone heard of any stories like this? 

SCV in '88 after Semifinals at Championships supposedly found out they were unknowingly marching 2 overage members all season long. They were Brits that supposedly had forged birth certificates.  They reported it to the DCI office. DCI thanked them for the info, and allowed SCV to compete at Finals, which SCV proceeded to win. SCV sent the 2 marchers home after Semi's, and before Finals.

Edited by BRASSO

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

SCV in '88 after Semifinals at Championships supposedly found out they were marching 2 overage members all season long.  They Reported it to the DCI office. DCI thanked them for the info, and allowed SCV to compete at Finals, which SCV proceeded to win. SCV sent the 2 marchers home after Semi's, and before Finals.

Wasn't that 1989? Had heard about this too...

• Like 7

1 minute ago, JKT90 said:

Wasn't that 1989? Had heard about this too...

Actually, it was " 89", not " 88"... you are correct.

• Like 1

Yes, SCV in 1989. Two Brits, a french horn and snare player. Happened late in season, too late to adjust drill. You can see the holes in the finals broadcast. Full story can be found by searching DCP threads.

• Like 1

In 92 we had a contra player that was sent home two weeks before Finals. Luckily they were able to bring in a vet who, until he got the call, had planned to take the summer off.

in 1975, the Hawthorne Muchachos (  Hawthorne, N.J )  were reported by another DCI Corps at Championships week for marching an overage marcher all season. Since DCI concluded that the Muchachos did not come forth themselves with that info,  and should have known they had an overage marcher, the entire Corps essentially was " sent home " by DCI after their Semi Finals performance. They were a top 3 DCI Corps in '75. They were judged at Semi Finals, but their unrevealed scores confiscated and destroyed by DCI, and they were disqualified from Finals participation the following nite. The marchers in the Muchachos sat in the stands and watched Finals, then got on the bus, and sent home.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1