Allentown: An American Tradition - June 30, 2017

last time I was at Allentown (... last August) and it stormed before the show, some really drunk old drum corps alum jumped in the normally peaceful stream.  It was more like a river that afternoon.  Thought he was going to hit his head and die, but luckily he did not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

last time I was at Allentown (... last August) and it stormed before the show, some really drunk old drum corps alum jumped in the normally peaceful stream.  It was more like a river that afternoon.  Thought he was going to hit his head and die, but luckily he did not.

It POURED before the Saturday show last August!! Puddles everywhere lol 

I remember it being very humid and sticky for the show  Very HOT after that storm...but eh show must go on and it was a great night!!

15 minutes ago, Prtzdle said:

It POURED before the Saturday show last August!! Puddles everywhere lol 

I remember it being very humid and sticky for the show  Very HOT after that storm...but eh show must go on and it was a great night!!

It poured in 2011 in August. Then it stopped for a couple hours. Soon-after Cadets finished performing, the rain started up again. #AllentownDrumCorpsChronicles

What a dumb waste of time this evening was.  2+ hour drive to Allentown.  Hasn't been raining now for 30 minutes, but still no show.  NOTHING.  Ridiculously bad break for the fans.

4 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

What a dumb waste of time this evening was.  2+ hour drive to Allentown.  Hasn't been raining now for 30 minutes, but still no show.  NOTHING.  Ridiculously bad break for the fans.

The warm-up area is probably a giant swamp, including the sidewalks. There's a lot more to consider than just the field and stands...

3 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

that's terrible. Sorry man. I nearly made the same drive - I only backed out due to be worn out from my work week. 2+ hours also. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kamarag said:

The warm-up area is probably a giant swamp, including the sidewalks. There's a lot more to consider than just the field and stands...

they also have a specific time they have to make the call - DCI rules, local sound ordinance etc. I think it was 8:15 tonight they met to make the call. Then getting the word out...

6 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

True, and I agree.  But the official reason from DCI was "excessive lightning".  The lightning was nowhere close.  I would've at least liked to see Cadets do a standstill.  Kids were ready, and noticeably bummed!

• Like 1