Lovely Lisle - July 1 2017

Glad to see that the Cavaliers are still hanging in drums for the time being with the Bluecoats. Would love to see a head-to-head guard score because I think the Cavaliers have their best guard since 2007. Yet another year with full guard rifle, as well as bringing back some old school flair (e.g. chuck your flag and catch someone else's).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, quietcity said:

Some pics from tonight's show. Sorry, Colt Cadets and Pioneer, I missed your shows due to abysmal parking situation. 

Troopers Sunburst

iMCt95b.jpg

The parking was a hot mess because Eyes to the skies is going on in Lisle and they were taking all the parking at Benedictine.  We got one of the last spots in the parking garage thank you Jesus. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

Blue Stars

• Like 3

Bluecoats, god bless 'em!

• Like 2

Green Machine

• Like 2

Hmmm....Madison must not have performed tonight? Not a single mention of them in this thread.

Nice pics of them though. Did they eat a bag of ####s that much?

Obviously people on this thread are not Madison fans. That's cool.

5 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

Hmmm....Madison must not have performed tonight? Not a single mention of them in this thread.

Nice pics of them though. Did they eat a bag of ####s that much?

unfortunately I wasn't at the show

however I do like Madison's music & their new look - I think it is incredible and I really enjoyed their musical book at the indoor show the other night I saw via the live stream

from looking at the recaps in THIS show the obvious weakness right now that pops out is percussion - they placed behind troopers and well-behind the next couple corps in front of them

13.0 in the caption vs. 13.9 for the corps right ahead of them - so the partial panel impact really hurt them in that way (that 0.9 gap translates directly to the final tally)

on the flip side the GE 2 judge had them just 0.1 off Blue Stars - and they have plenty of room to grow in their program right now (Content vs. Achievement) so the judges like the show & rehearsal is really going to help their score

they have a lot of upside in the eyes of the judges & that bodes well for Madison at this early juncture in the season!

George

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

Hey George I really appreciate your informative opinion of the Scouts' production this year!  I have not had the opportunity to see them live with my schedule this year as of yet. It is good for a change to see that they finally have a show with enough content to be a solid finalist. Hopefully they can take this change and build a solid foundation to move forward as in years past.

7 hours ago, littlejaw said:

Glad to see that the Cavaliers are still hanging in drums for the time being with the Bluecoats. Would love to see a head-to-head guard score because I think the Cavaliers have their best guard since 2007. Yet another year with full guard rifle, as well as bringing back some old school flair (e.g. chuck your flag and catch someone else's).

Cavaliers guard difficulty is off the charts. I'm not a huge fan of the show concept or design in general, but no corps save perhaps Bluecoats is playing while marching as much as Cavaliers is. Guard never stops the entire show, and they are from one end zone to the other.

• Like 4