Drum Corps Genie has a spot for you

It's been a while since our favorite Genie came out of the bottle with a wish-fulfillment fantasy for DCP'ers:

As of when you make the wish, you have a spot in any World Class corps for the rest of the season.

You have come pre-programmed with memorization of music and drill. You are ready to march. 

The Genie has taken care of the typical objections: (i.e. you aged out thirty years ago, you have a bum knee, you have a job or a family, you don't want to take a spot from a current MM) all covered. None of these apply. It's a wish-fulfillment, right?

Let us know if you want to be in the hornline, field percussion, front ensemble, guard, etc.

Of course, a couple of provisos, etc.:

1. You may NOT wish to march for more than one corps.

2. You shouldn't wish to march your favorite corps. An exception will be made for parents who want to march with their kids.

3. Also, don't be mean to the current people (I want to take so-and-so's spot so he/she won't screw up any more.)

If you violate these, you will not get to march and you will receive free tickets to DCI World Championships. Your seats will be front-row - as in three feet in front of the side-one speaker.

Your wish is the Genie's command!

I like waffles...

• Like 3

Are we programmed to be able to play any instrument we want, or just the ones we normally march?

hard for this brass player not to take the chance to stand in the circle with the Crown brass!

• Like 1

Well since I can't pick my favorite Bluecoats, I will pick SCV and I will stick to my instrument trumpet. I like the direction they are moving in.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

PR volunteer crew so the current crew can get well quickly!

• Like 2

I would choose to be a Narrator Soloist at INT.  I've tried before to talk my way into it, but there were others ahead of me in line there.