Regiment staff/volunteer bus in accident

3 minutes ago, EJD440 said:

Just watched SCV's performance of Elsa's. Beautiful and emotional. How is it that Santa Clara knows how to play this song?

Don't know this for sure, but I bet they took some time out of their rehearsal schedule today to learn this piece.

17 minutes ago, EJD440 said:

Just watched SCV's performance of Elsa's. Beautiful and emotional. How is it that Santa Clara knows how to play this song?

Pretty sure SCV and PR joined up to play this together earlier this season. In fact there is a clip on YouTube of the performance.

Edited by ElSuarez
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, EJD440 said:

When I marched PR in the 80's, we knew how to play Madison's "You'll Never Walk Alone". It was a good song to practice and we played it with them a few times. I would imagine it's the same for SCV. 

Prayers to the PR Phamily and a big thanks to SCV for showing once again, why they are one of the classiest acts in the DCI family. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ElSuarez said:

Pretty sure SCV and PR joined up to play this together earlier this season. In fact there is a clip on YouTube of the performance.

Yes, they played it together at Pacific Procession on June 26.  Really powerful.  PR also joined SCV and SCVC for "Send in the Clowns".  For that performance of "Elsa's Procession...", the ensemble at the beginning was all Phantom brass players, so I am not sure if the SCV brass ensemble that played it had to learn it yesterday.  In any case, as others have said, it was just a very classy move by SCV to do this for PR.

• Like 4

Thoughts and prayers to the entire PR organization.  Speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Regiment played Elsa's for Academy this morning to say thank you for all the assistance and support. Here's the link, sadly it cuts off early.

https://m.facebook.com/ShowB4TheShow/posts/10154553385467797

• Like 4