Any DCI Parent ever have a convo like this?

10 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I had one air mattress for 3 years... eventually it was deflating overnight and I was getting headaches from the angle it left my neck every night. I threw it out shortly before Spring Training and went bare-floor-and-sleeping-bag with a pillow the rest of the season. Best sleep I ever got on tour.

I always slept like that BITD.  Now, I'd spend a month in traction after one night. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 4:34 PM, luv4corps said:

My son lost his pump for his air mattress so he just slept on the bare gym floors all summer.  He said he didn't mind.  He said it was worse standing in line at four in the morning waiting for the outlet to recharge or borrowing other people's pumps.

He was a good sport! "Back in the day", we didn't have air mattresses and slept on the gym floor for years!

• Like 1

You parents have it good these days with cell phones. We would go on tour for weeks and have no contact with home. If you wanted to call home on a free day, you'd have to wait in the loooong line for a pay phone!

• Like 3

Can't quite relate as I never marched but I have toured. 

I've had reverse experiences like this before. I would be getting ready to go run errands for mom and asked her if she wanted me to put it on one of her cards and she'd say, "Oh not that one. I don't know where it is." "When did you last see it?!?" "Oh, I don't know. Maybe two weeks ago."

Bless her heart.  

9 hours ago, fatbrassboy said:

You parents have it good these days with cell phones. We would go on tour for weeks and have no contact with home. 

Not sure it's changed all that much.  Kids having cell phones does not mean they use them to call home.

• Like 3