Scout House Heritage Band In Preston Canada Day Parade

Looking good in the parade ,l rember the first time i saw you guys,You came marching over a hill at Lewisburg Pa.I was Long Island Sunrisers ,Loved you guys .lt had to in the mid 60s,

Edited by Florida Sun

2 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

Looking good in the parade ,l rember the first time i saw you guys,You came marching over a hill at Lewisburg Pa.I was Long Island Sunrisers ,Loved you guys .lt had to in the mid 60s,

Probably in '65 at Bucknell U. stadium, where Preston appeared as exhibition.  They did the March of the Toys  as part of their show, if I remember correctly.  I was with Les Diplomates then.  Salut, Bob p.

19 minutes ago, Bob P. said:

Probably in '65 at Bucknell U. stadium, where Preston appeared as exhibition.  They did the March of the Toys  as part of their show, if I remember correctly.  I was with Les Diplomates then.  Salut, Bob p.

Les Diplomates Loved the corps ,Favorite number Brigde over Troubled Waters with the ribbons hooked to the top of the guards poles going off To make a bridge 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

Les Diplomates Loved the corps ,Favorite number Brigde over Troubled Waters with the ribbons hooked to the top of the guards poles going off To make a bridge 

Thanks for that.  We did the Bridge in '72 & '73.  

Getting back to Preston Scout House, they were filled with GE in the late '50s and early '60s, such as the "cranking up" of the tin soldiers in the March of the soldiers.  Other Canadian corps with great GE (gimmicks for some people), were the Jolly Jesters and of course yours truly corps, Les Diplomates, with carousels and rotating blocks and triangles.  

I loved the Sunrisers, particularly for their mostly classical music repertoire, but I do remember hearing a great version of Sing Sing Sing in the alley behind Carnegie Hall in '65 - I am pretty sure that that was Sun.

Salut, Bob P.