Can Cadets medal?

Can Cadets medal?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Can Cadets medal?

• Absolutely.
    • No, there are too many corps that are just better.
    • No, the design is not a Top Three design.

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I guess anything is possible.  Right now, the brass section does not seem to be on pace for top 12, much less top 3... but if they somehow fix that, and amaze us all with a new closer, maybe they can move up.

Brass was 0.4 behind the best brass line in drum corps the other day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Brass was 0.4 behind the best brass line in drum corps the other day.

Ssssh no logic or facts please 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mfrontz said:

So I think we can all agree that the rumors of the Cadets' demise were greatly exaggerated. But can they do the scarcely thinkable and place Top Three?

Note the question is 'can' not 'will.'

No bashing. Just have fun.

If you look at this question from a caption perspective then I will say yes the Cadets have a chance at medalling.  If you think their ceiling is 4th I don't see why they can't medal.  As shocking as it may sound to some the one being pushed off the podium will be the most shocking.  Take your pick BD, Crown, SCV?

Fan of the Arts

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

That doesn't mean BD won't medal SMH. It's a given 

I agree with you on this Poppycock. If we are talking about a " lock " to win a medal, it has to be the Blue Devils, until proven otherwise. They are undefeated so far this season and have medaled 22 times in the last 23 years, and every year the last decade.. At this stage of the season its  way too early to talk about " a lock " in placements anywhere in the DCI pecking order. But if people INSIST that we choose a " lock" for a medal at this moment in time, that Corps would have to be the Blue Devils. 22 out of the last 23 years they have won a medal is pretty compelling a reason. This season here on the 1st week of July looks to me remarkably like all the other 22 years, not the one year they failed to medal in ( 4th, way back in 2005.)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

So, having not seen anyone live yet, I will do as most do and go ahead and chime in on this one.  CAN the Cadets medal?  Absolutely.  Will they?  Time will tell. Anyone who has not seen everyone live at this point is talking out their $!#÷$ and cannot pass judgment one way or another.  As a viewer of a couple of events either on line or in the theater, I am of the humble opinion that none of this year's top corps have that combination of special design combined with talent to make them untouchable.  This year will be all about whoe works the hardest and times it just right.  Just like the 1992 Cavaliers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drummergirl said:

Clearly, you have not seen Boston.

Yea, Boston is a shoo in for 7th or 6th.

Generally speaking.

BK isn't getting the visual love this year so far, especially their guard.

Phantom is probably the weakest in this group, but they are getting better quickly, and they have a huge motivator with recent events.

Cadets are scoring closest to Cavaliers and SCV at the moment, but I simply don't see SCV getting lower than 3rd at the end of the season, and Crown is scoring very near the top, too. So, Cadets ceiling seems to be close to about 5th, but they are close to the highest scoring corps so far when they're up against just one of them.

Who knows what will happen when the top 7 highest scoring corps are at the same show? 

18 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I agree with you on this Poppycock. If we are talking about a " lock " to win a medal, it has to be the Blue Devils, until proven otherwise. They are undefeated so far this season and have medaled 22 times in the last 23 years. At this stage of the season its too way too early to talk about " a lock " in placements anywhere in the DCI pecking order. But if people INSIST that we choose a " lock" for a medal at this moment in time, that Corps would have to be the Blue Devils. 22 out of the last 23 years they have won a medal. This season here on the 1st week of July looks to me remarkably like all the other  22 years, not the one year they failed to medal (in 4th.)

So, let's say you're right on this one.  I'd also give a lock to the Bluecoats.   That leaves 1 medal up for grabs.  And Crown is my favorite there.  I am one of those who believe that Crown can challenge as well as anyone by the time the last notes are played.  It's going to be pretty tough to break into the same top 3 from last year. Seems like of the remaining corps, SCV could be on the cusp.  Let's see how close SCV can be to Bloo this weekend.  That, combined with how they've completed against BD could be a predictor of  how they MAY match up down the road.  When they all have a chance to go head-to-head for the first time in San Antonio - Lordy, that's going to be a barn burner!  Even then, I have a sense that placement will be only temporary until we get to the last Saturday of the season - and wouldn't that make for a memorable season!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1