Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

6 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Last year this show and a show in Kentucky were used for seeding purposes, then the specific positions were drawn in groups of three.  (1-3,4-6,etc)  A year ago the top 3 for SA were Bluecoats, Blue Devils, Crown.  (The more things change, the more....)

I would assume this show will be used.  Not sure which others will be figured in.  Would probably need to be two other shows to get everyone.

Probably Drums Along The Rockies next week and DCI Orlando as well. Also the TOC shows if there are any this coming week

Just now, shofmon88 said:

Don't sell their show last year short. It was pretty fantastic, and it sets a high bar for them this year. They have a lot of room to grow this year though, and I think by the end of the season this show will be fantastic. 

I enjoyed last years show a lot more if I'm honest, but this years is solid too.  

• Like 1

Have seen Pioneer three times now. They keep getting better with what I think is a tough show. I feel like want to adopt them all.

• Like 3

You know, I could come up with a few ideas where Pioneer can keep their "Irish identity" yet play more diverse music like this for a couple of years.

Next year, continue with the broadway thing AND get the member numbers up.

Maybe do a Magical Mystery tour.  Weave some Irish music as transitions to other destinations...

• Like 1

Props worked awesome as the barricade. I had to squint early on to see what they were though.

I'm not watching the stream. Anyone know if Pio did "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" as part of their show? That's my favorite song from the musical and I've been waiting to see it hit the field for a while.

The point is to give the members something they love to perform that they know will work competitively and the crowds will love, and they can still stick to their values.

Taaaarooop