Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

I only caught the last few minutes of that show, but I was admittedly disappointed.  Good arrangement and good playing, but I feel like the brass line is hollow compared to past seasons... High brass stuck out way too much with attempted high notes, and there was so little ringing in their sound compared to usual...  idk if they are still building stamina for the drill... but I expected a better sound coming from a Troopers horn line.  I'm sure it'll come later in the season.

head to head, I see Academy, Mandarins, and Colts over Troopers. period...

Still a great show and congrats to the performers.

I'm excited to see where this goes later in the season.

go scouts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shofmon88 said:

That's an awesome show. Sounds like the hornline is being purposefully restrained from full volume. 

I'm gonna say it now, this is a dark horse for finals. 

The Troopers have recently been known to really turn their shows on late in the season, similar to Phantom. I know in 2013 and 2015 they barely missed Finals by fractions of a point both times (although the latter was in large part due to a penalty committed by the Crossmen).

Troop gets a great sound from the front ensemble. Everything is well miced and balanced. Maybe a bit too loud compared to the field ensemble, but can't judge by the stream.

I'm looking forward to Madison!