Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

nice show

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

That's got to be the most meteoric fall in placement in the history of DCI. 

Bridgemen 84 to 85 was 14th to 26th.

And the only reason they stopped at 26 is there were only 26 corps in Semis, which they 'qualified' for due to their finish the previous year (meaning they skipped prelims). It was a cringe-worthy performance, sad to say.

I wish that I wasn't such about the Piano Concerto.  That's mostly a fun show that, with a few tweaks to the PC arrangement could be near the top of my favs for this year.

They are a great drum corps.  I just don't understand the show itself...  The visuals are spectacular and the horn line is 'lit'... but I have no clue what they're doing out there...

• Like 3

Crossmen seem to have found a way back to the musical style they owned in the early to mid 90s, but in a modernized incarnation, which is great. 

Visually, the package is pretty safe, and lacking in any 'wow' moment. Upgrading the visual team would seem to be the next order of business for them. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

...so the music is really good, but I don't love those particular props and guard.

If BK is getting hurt visually and guard-wise, then Crossmen should be as well.

Don't love their guard either, but I do think the overall visual design is strong.

• Like 1

I am conflicted on Crossmens show.  EASILY top 8 in terms of performance quality, and some amazing moments in the opener and ballad.  Brass is amazing.  Still have lots of questions on the props, visual design, and overall theme/execution of it.  But they're so much cleaner than than their competition right now that doesn't matter, yet.  I think they'll probably ride 8th - 10th most of the season.  However, if any shows below them do really click later on in the season I could see them at risk in GE and Content.  But really enjoyed it tonight nonetheless.  FANTASTIC corps!  

• Like 4