Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

It's better than Down Side Up. There. I said it.

• Like 6

Wish BC would put some cameras inside the zig zag.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Hope they fix the mic in the ballad, he sounded great from what I could tell.  That's the risk of all the electronics.  

Otherwise though seemed like a great run, they're really starting to sell me on the ballad.  I can't wait to see that live to get the full effect!  I will talk about it at a later date but what they attempt every year from a sonic/listening environment standpoint blows my mind.  The ending is quite simply everything I love about drum corps.  I think I already like this show more than last years!  

Another layer that seems to be going over a ton of peoples heads is the Fosse influence, have dug into that a little more and watched some movies/stuff that he was involved with and I think it's pretty incredible what they're doing with that.  That's a whole other part of this show all together.  

And I say all that regardless of scores, that doesn't mean jack when I love a show like this so don't come at me with the "SCV was better tonight" stuff.  

:)

I simply love either show!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shofmon88 said:

Bluecoats is entertaining, and performed at a high level. But the show is a bit vapid compared to SCV. I think this is SCV's night to push ahead. 

Interesting as I feel exactly the opposite. But hey that's what makes life interesting. 

• Like 3

Man Bloo is just so much fun to watch! And that high brass is just incredible, they hit full ensemble notes at full blast dead nuts on. A whole other level of professionalism, not unlike Blue Devils. I don't love this show as much as last year, at least yet, but with their level of proficiency and power in every musical area, they are going to be very hard to beat.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 4

Just now, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

Is it actually cleaner than DSU? It's machine like at times, with all due respect to Cavaliers.

Just now, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

I think I like it more too, while I love what that show was and oh my God following that was fun, this one is a bit easier to approach musically and just to sit back and enjoy.  Cannot wait to see what else they do with it.  

• Like 4