Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

Well done tonight Bloo. Very tight tonight. Much improved from last night's run (I suspect the scores will show that!). We'll iron out the technical glitches come August. Love the new effects on the duet at the end, Rachel Spencer! For me, just on an entirely other level than everyone this year. Guard killed it. Percussion was much improved and horn line, mmmmmmmmmm......Leonardo..I mean Alan Hester, you are the man.

FYI: Flo stream was so bad that my private live stream on the field from an iphone had way (and I mean waaaay) better audio, lol. 

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Based on last night's spread between SCV and Bloo, I wouldn't say Bloo is ahead of BD - maybe right even with them.

Some were chalking it up to a bad run from Bloo, but they looked solid tonight. It'll be interesting to see what the spread between SCV and Bloo is now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Based on last night's spread between SCV and Bloo, I wouldn't say Bloo is ahead of BD - maybe right even with them.

I'm thinking Bluecoats are still ahead by a touch, but that's just my armchair quarterbacking.

• Like 1

This is difficult to watch :(

• Like 3

Just now, superOOk said:

Well done tonight Bloo. Very tight tonight. Much improved from last night's run (I suspect the scores will show that!). We'll iron out the technical glitches come August. Love the new effects on the duet at the end, Rachel Spencer! For me, just on an entirely other level than everyone this year. Guard killed it. Percussion was much improved and horn line, mmmmmmmmmm......

FYI: Flo stream was so bad that my private live stream on the field from an iphone had way (and I mean waaaay) better audio, lol. 

That was the tightest I've ever seen the opener. 

• Like 5

Just now, henry7184 said:

I agree. Vapid is too strong of a word. I love Bloo's show, but it's a step back prop wise this year, IMO. I liked Downside Up a lot better. But, this year's Bloo is still my 3rd favorite show. SCV is THE total package, IMO. 

The pink slides were just genius, pretty ###### hard to follow that up. But I think they have something up their sleeve with the move into the ending...

• Like 1

was SCV late finishing? I noticed Bluecoats were walking on even before SCV's applause died down. Is that a thing now? 

8 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I think I like it more too, while I love what that show was and oh my God following that was fun, this one is a bit easier to approach musically and just to sit back and enjoy.  Cannot wait to see what else they do with it.  

Yeah. Zombie Woof definitely helps. but that sprint to the audience is so epic. And horns popping in and out of the prop. It just works. Everything just works. It has sooooo much GE. They need to fix the ending a bit, but I know that's coming just like they did last year with running up the ramps at the end.

• Like 5

Just now, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

Yeah. Zombie Woof definitely helps. but that sprint to the audience is so epic. And horns popping in and out of the prop. It just works. Everything just works. It has sooooo much GE. They need to fix the ending a bit, but I know that's coming just like they did last year with running up the ramps at the end.

:88_raised_hands:

• Like 3