Rockford Files - Show of Shows

Just now, George Dixon said:

I wasn't there and not assuming anything

all I've seen is video of both, so feel free to ignore me as completely uniformed 

was strictly going by the comments here 

You're cool. I wasn't there either, but I think having seen SCV that they are dirtier than Coats. With content numbers being higher in some captions, that's a really good sign for them to gain some speed later in the season. I think they have a chance to be there at the end if they can really clean this incredibly wild show.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trumpetcam said:

Not really. You might see a .6 or .7 spread in content vs. achv., but beyond that it really starts to affect the content number if you are that dirty. It's the old chicken/egg debate.

Ah thanks.  So does this explain what I read around on the board regarding scores?: The larger the gap between Cont and Achv, the more "room" the corps has to grow; thus, the better a MMs perform, the better their content is?

Gah, even that was confusing to type.  Glad I'm not a judge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trumpetcam said:

You're cool. I wasn't there either, but I think having seen SCV that they are dirtier than Coats. With content numbers being higher in some captions, that's a really good sign for them to gain some speed later in the season. I think they have a chance to be there at the end if they can really clean this incredibly wild show.

Cool. Having just observed both from afar I expect Coats to spread them a point or two in the next contest. JMO 

• Like 2

Just now, oldbandguy said:

and we should have a BD score from out west shortly...could make the night even more interesting!

Looking forward to tomorrow's show in Miny Soda

They'll probably break 80 tonight.  Or get a 79.95

Just now, NeutralNovice said:

Ah thanks.  So does this explain what I read around on the board regarding scores?: The larger the gap between Cont and Achv, the more "room" the corps has to grow; thus, the better a MMs perform, the better their content is?

Gah, even that was confusing to type.  Glad I'm not a judge.

Haha. Basically that's it. Of course, gaps can change a lot on a given night with judges, but a group like SCV has been doing very well with much higher content numbers all season . In this case, I think it says that this show has legs and it's up to mm and staff to make sure it gets maxed out.  Having seen everyone now. I think SCV has the most potential upside, IF they can get performance high enough by the end. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Cool. Having just observed both from afar I expect Coats to spread them a point or two in the next contest. JMO 

Me too. Seems like SCV and Coats were getting opposite small show reads. Glad for SCV that they were able to jump once they saw a corps like Bloo. Both shows are awesome! 

Just now, phd-student-TTU said:

If BD, Bloo, and SCV medaled, I'd be cool with that. 

If SCV won though...

:laughing:

Not sure the difference in content/achievement scores really mean anything now.  Haven't taken the time to do it, but I'm guessing that EVERY corps has higher content scores than their achievement scores this early in the season.  Not sure it's a predictor of what's to come.