Rockford Files - Show of Shows

29 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Vanguard had some dropped equipment, and trouble a couple of times with their props falling down and not getting back up. (Some horn members rushed over each time to right them.)

I can't speak as an expert the way many of you can. But I wouldn't call what I saw and heard from Blooo a really rough run. I thought they were very good, and am not surprised they topped SCV. I think Vanguard has the better show. It's different - on its own and for Vanguard. Bluecoats have a great show, but there's much that has the same feels as last year. The leg moves from Blooo - some form of them a holdover from 2016 and done very effectively this year - are going to get old sometime.

Yeah all that AND I heard they forgot their aussies too! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Yeah all that AND I heard they forgot their aussies too! 

I forgot all about the uniform issue as soon as they started the show.

But sure, I wouldn't mind seeing those Aussies return.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

IMO, we had three gold medal shows last year. 

Maybe, if your just talking about the design of the show, but most everyone knew last year was between Coats and BD come finals night and that Coats was the favorite. That's usually the case year in year out. 

42 minutes ago, NeutralNovice said:

They'll probably break 80 tonight.  Or get a 79.95

Holy crap you nailed it

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have to say that this was never my favorite field to march on.  A huge crown.. You're going uphill and downhill and the grass is very dense. 

Is this one of those "I walked two miles up hill in four feet of snow to school and back" type stories?

• Like 1

This gap between SCV and Bloo tells me that BD is either in 1st or 2nd right now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This gap between SCV and Bloo tells me that BD is either in 1st or 2nd right now. 

No doubt. I imagine when Coats and BD see each other next week the gap will be less than .5. No clue who would come out on top. That's a toss up. Maybe slight edge to BD because they were 1 point and some change ahead of SCV last time, but that's flimsy rationale. 

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 2