Humid and Sticky Houston

16 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

What's the difference in scoring between TOC and regular shows? Same sheets correct? I remember few years back, maybe 2011 the TOC sheets were different. 

Yeah, when it first rolled out they used experimental sheets, but they've since been using the same sheets and scoring as other shows. They hold the same weight. The only thing "funky" about scoring is possibly spreads, due to the weird performance orders.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Look at my OP when i started the 2017 BD thread. I said it there and i will say it here, "It's one thing to get to the top, it's another thing to stay at the top." That's what makes BD unprecedented run of top two finishes since 2007 so astonishing. Now we still have a long way to go in this season. I fully expect Bloo to throw hay makers and defend their title at all cost. Bloo has a monster show and if they catch fire...............BD/SCV/Crown will have a major problem on their hands. 

Coats is in a not so good position at the moment. Almost theee points off the pace and a full point behind the 2rd place corps. That's a lot of ground to make up. Yes, it's been done before, but it's very rare. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JoeDz said:

Tomorrow's (tonight's) scores will probably be tighter due to upward pressure from the lower corps, squeezing the gaps. There are too many outstanding shows to allow for wide gaps.

This is pretty much what I was referring to in my post. I wasn't suggesting that there's any kind of conspiracy with TOC scores. Again, tonight's placements shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Just the spreads.

6 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Look at my OP when i started the 2017 BD thread. I said it there and i will say it here, "It's one thing to get to the top, it's another thing to stay at the top." That's what makes BD unprecedented run of top two finishes since 2007 so astonishing. Now we still have a long way to go in this season. I fully expect Bloo to throw hay makers and defend their title at all cost. Bloo has a monster show and if they catch fire...............BD/SCV/Crown will have a major problem on their hands. 

Bloo will solidify 4th place. Nothing wrong with that. They are amazing. The gaps will widen between 1,2-- and then everyone else will fall into place..As far as haymakers? Not sure what a haymaker would be in this scenario. A haymaker is SCV busting out the bottle dance randomly at the end of their show.. not sure what the bloo equivalent is in this case. if I'm wrong please call me out on it, but it's simply my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Alzam81 said:

Bloo will solidify 4th place. Nothing wrong with that. They are amazing. The gaps will widen between 1,2-- and then everyone else will fall into place..As far as haymakers? Not sure what a haymaker would be in this scenario. A haymaker is SCV busting out the bottle dance randomly at the end of their show.. not sure what the bloo equivalent is in this case. if I'm wrong please call me out on it, but it's simply my opinion. 

Plus, we all know how hard it is to beat BD the year after they take silver.

• Like 2