Humid and Sticky Houston

6 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

So here's what will hapen this year.  Given the flaws of some of the top 6 this year, BD will win as a matter of course.  However, I will say if SCV is within striking distance, the crowd will push them over the top.  Other than these two, I am just not seeing it this year. 

Because I'm such a sucker for storybook endings, I actually want SCV to win...but history tells us that BD will win convincingly. Either way, should be a treat to watch it unfold! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

So here's what will hapen this year.  Given the flaws of some of the top 6 this year, BD will win as a matter of course.  However, I will say if SCV is within striking distance, the crowd will push them over the top.  Other than these two, I am just not seeing it this year. 

4-5 years ago, i might have agreed even though i could have sworn crowd response isn't part of the sheets. If it was, BD wouldn't even place in the top ten in most years since alot of people just want them to lose. But BD has a fan friendly show this year and have since 2014. Compared to 2010-2013, BD is getting alot of love from the crowds and even here on DCP. If SCV  does manage to beat BD, it will be because they out performed them straight up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

4-5 years ago, i might have agreed even though i could have sworn crowd response isn't part of the sheets. If it was, BD wouldn't even place in the top ten in most years since alot of people just want them to lose. But BD has a fan friendly show this year and have since 2014. Compared to 2010-2013, BD is getting alot of love from the crowds and even here on DCP. If SCV  does manage to beat BD, it will be because they out performed them straight up.

Agreed. This is why BD is so hard to beat. They will never beat themselves. You have to give them your very best shot and that shot had better be a doozie or you're going to have to settle for silver. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

For SCV to beat out BD for the title, they'll have to run the brass-percussion-color guard table, and at least be tied in GE. I just don't see that happening. Can already see the ABBD crew rallying behind Vanguard. Predictable.

Just now, BDCorno said:

For SCV to beat out BD for the title, they'll have to run the brass-percussion-color guard table, and at least be tied in GE. I just don't see that happening. Can already see the ABBD crew rallying behind Vanguard. Predictable.

Of course. SCV is the flavor of the season. Who ever has the best chance to beat BD is the crowd favorite. 

• Like 3

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Of course. SCV is the flavor of the season. Who ever has the best chance to beat BD is the crowd favorite. 

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. I think it's good for the activity that BD is so dominant. It forces everyone else to stay sharp and produce better shows. Most fans don't know it, but we're the ones that benefit the most from BD's success. 

• Like 2