DCI Orlando - July 8, 2017

1 minute ago, blakman7 said:

I'm looking out of my window now and it's fine. The big stuff passed a while back. Should be a nice humid evening for drum corps.

Oh darn, spoke too soon. Starting to hear some thunder again. Looks like there's a system to the south moving northwest but fingers crossed. Just another normal summer day in Florida.

Miami was the most miserable place ever to host a DCI Championship.  I'm glad that place was "one and done."

• Like 1

Weather is suppose to hold till around 10. Hope it holds all night!

3 minutes ago, blakman7 said:

I'm looking out of my window now and it's fine. The big stuff passed a while back. Should be a nice humid evening for drum corps.

This time of year, its showers in Florida a lot.,, and I mean, a LOT.  But the good news is, it rarely lasts more than a half hour or so.  But it can rain pretty hard for that duration, and you never know what the fields can be like. Thunder/ lightning can be problematic. Quick education note, for those interested in such trivia... more people die on average each year in Florida from getting hit with lightning, than sharks, ' gators,  'crocs, snakes, insect bites COMBINED. Each year approx 9-12. A pregnant women was struck last week in Ft. Myers. But Florida is a state of approx 19 million people, so the odds of getting struck by lightning is pretty negligible. Ok, so much for the trivia, now back to Orlando....

I'm following the thread to see some reviews of the Soundsport teams and the corps.  Please feel free to let it rip, I would love to hear some opinions on all the corps this evening.

1 hour ago, SuperSaderFan said:

Currently in Florida looking forward to tonight's show. I am pretty sure that everyone was dealing with terrible Thunder storms with heavy downpours. This is like a home show for BAC. 20 years ago we made Florida another home. Many individuals from this area have made a huge difference in the trajectory of the corps during that time. So looking forward to a big fan base tonight. Another reason to be excited is it is the first show that BAC will be going on later in the evening and closer to their competition. Very pleased with how things have come together to put the us in this position. Years of building a strong organization financially and otherwise, hiring a great leader in Chris Holland, attracting and hiring a top staff and having high member retention are all playing a part. With respect to the other corps competing tonight, it's only a matter of time that one or maybe two judges start to make a call. The program design and performance is solidly there to compete with the top 6.

#BuildingAChampion the new BAC

This is perfectly stated.

Probably going to be delayed there's a line of showers about to head through from the look on radar.

Edited by Flguardman