DCI Orlando - July 8, 2017

Just now, PopcornEater1963 said:

It will be interesting. From a quick interchange with my son, Cavies weren't real happy with last night's run, regardless of score and placement. Felt they "gave away points". I love all these shows, and of course I'm a self-admitted homer...I expect Cavies to up their game tonight, but of course I expect Cadets to do the same. Best of luck to all the corps! 

Exactly. I think the delay may have impacted them a bit. Crown to their credit seemed to have a great show based on the scores. Cadets also seemed to feel they had a bad run last night. Hopefully tonight all the corps have their best 2017 runs yet 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The success of The Cavaliers in 2017 is directly proportional to the brass line performance.  

This is absolutely 100% spot on the money. And everyone in that hornline knows it...and the staff knows it as well. I can't wait to see where this show goes, but I'm equally interested in seeing how this hornline develops over the next 6 weeks. It's an exciting time to be a hornline parent...I like seeing them saddled with expectations and a sense of "as goes the hornline, so goes the corps!" 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

What an ignorant comment. I will chalk it up to you having "issues" or something.

Snarky response.. I'll chalk it as as a sense of so much desperation in the air now, that you might be having anger " issues "... or something.

1 minute ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

This is absolutely 100% spot on the money. And everyone in that hornline knows it...and the staff knows it as well. I can't wait to see where this show goes, but I'm equally interested in seeing how this hornline develops over the next 6 weeks. It's an exciting time to be a hornline parent...I like seeing them saddled with expectations and a sense of "as goes the hornline, so goes the corps!" 

I agree. Same could be said of the Cadets. These two corps are very closely matched this season imo 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I know you've been around the block once or twice in DC, ThirdValvesAreForWimps, when you call the Corps from Allentown, Pa,  " Garfield" ( New Jersey ). That goes WAY back... haha!... and kind of cool to still use it, imo... lol

Usually I call them "The Holy Name Garfield Cadets of Bergen County" to cover all the bases!

This time I just slipped and called them "Garfield" because that's what they were called in my day. 

• Like 1

Just now, BRASSO said:

Snarky response.. I'll chalk it as as a sense of so much desperation in the air now, that you might be having anger " issues "... or something.

I'm very surprised by your posts lately. I will just put you on ignore. Bye!

• Like 1

I give it to surf for trying a more thought provoking show. Spirit is definitely well above them. Guards are struggling tonight.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Lol. I did how embarrassing lol

Don't feel too bad. Many years ago (WAY before auto-correct), I was editing the program book for Spirit's home show, and I had written a piece on drum corps funding. I wrote that one of the ways corps raise money is by selling t-shirts and other items. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that a letter was dropped from "t-shirts" until the programs came back from the printer. I'll let you guess what letter was missing.

• Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

I agree. Same could be said of the Cadets. These two corps are very closely matched this season imo 

Always been a Cadets fan. We had a mellophone player from my son's highschool march and age out there, and a guard member from his highschool marching there right now. Been following them since my brother was marching Spirit in the late 70's. and I agree...matched closely last season and nothing has changed in my mind at all. 

• Like 2

Just now, oldsoprano said:

Don't feel too bad. Many years ago (WAY before auto-correct), I was editing the program book for Spirit's home show, and I had written a piece on drum corps funding. I wrote that one of the ways corps raise money is by selling t-shirts and other items. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that a letter was dropped from "t-shirts" until the programs came back from the printer. I'll let you guess what letter was missing.

That's terrible! And fantastic as well. Lol 

• Like 1