Need help with BD Chop and Paste, Walk and Stand approach to design

28 minutes ago, Habs33 said:

Silly. Watch the show people. This is an all-timer, from the corps that invented all-timers.

I enjoy watching most corps post Y2K; but for the most part I just can't stand to listen. :sigh:

The only thing approaching esoteric-ism in drum corps is judging, maybe, and some corps traditions. Not understanding a show theme or not being familiar with the material being presented doesn't make something esoteric.

Edited by dcsnare93

5 hours ago, Stu said:

That is it. That is what, and all, I am saying about shows and numbers in attendance. Nothing more. It is not flawed math to state that overall numbers in attendance for drum corps events are down when compared to the number of corps and number of shows there were back in the day.

there's only one problem....there's nothing on paper that shows you to be right or me right. it's just conjecture.it's guessing, and rose colored glasses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I might, might, suggest that the challenges from Crown and Bluecoats have had something to do with Blue Devils' shift away from the more esoteric, technical aspects of show design.

honestly I think it's the GE sheets since they were changed, and no corps knows how to use the sheets to their advantage than BD

50 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

there's only one problem....there's nothing on paper that shows you to be right or me right. it's just conjecture.it's guessing, and rose colored glasses.

I concede that the basis of my conclusion is a conjecture; and you have deemed that as being flawed math.  However, in mathematics there actually are many different conjectures which are considered by mathematicians to be true; such as parallel lines and the sum of angles in a triangle.  So, it is not a reach on my part to formulate this particular conjecture because it does stand to reason that since there were way more corps in existence then as opposed to now, more kids and families were involved, and more shows were produced each year throughout the country, then there were likely also more overall fans attending the aggregate drum corps shows than today.

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Did I mention your name anywhere in my post? There's no words to put in anyone's mouth. If I was talking about you, I would've mentioned your name as I have been doing in other posts.

Sorry; my mistake. I thought you were responding to the same post of mine in which Jeff was responding.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

honestly I think it's the GE sheets since they were changed, and no corps knows how to use the sheets to their advantage than BD

As Andy Warhol once said... "Art is what you can get away with."  :tongue:

32 minutes ago, LoveKathyG said:

The only thing that bores me more than Devils' shows are arguments about Devils shows.   Blah blippidy bloo blah meh.  

You can also choose not to read those discussions :)

sorry to bore you