Need help with BD Chop and Paste, Walk and Stand approach to design

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

But is the group moving just as clean as the group that isn't moving as much? 

Yes.

Just now, Mello Dude said:

Yes.

Then yes, I agree with you that the group moving more and moving just as cleanly would deserve the higher score. 

However, you'd be hard-pressed to find a real world example of this. 

5 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

I am well within my right to simply state that if/when DCI panders to pop culture to draw in the masses, I will lose interest in the activity.  I am bombarded with pop culture everywhere I look - don't need/want it in drum corps.  

Yes you have a right to your opinion and yes you can walk away if you so choose. That also has to be applied to those who do not like electronics, vocals, forced edification in order to understand let alone enjoy, and other so called progressions in the activity. But it was the word 'pandering' which caught my attention; and that alone says a lot within the context at hand.

39 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hmmmmm... nope.... we certainly are not hearing or seeing any of those becoming more prevalent in recent DCI shows........ nope....... not at all....

And yet you are advocating corps' go further in that direction to entertain the masses? 

Should they abandon jazz and classical rep etc... as well because they are too elite for the tastes of Bubba Q. Public?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Then yes, I agree with you that the group moving more and moving just as cleanly would deserve the higher score. 

Unless we are living in a world which rewards ADD, why should Zappa's Black Page always receive higher GE scores than Barber's Adagio if both are performed equally well?

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Unless we are living in a world which rewards ADD, why should Zappa's Black Page always receive higher GE scores than Barber's Adagio if both are performed equally well?

Where exactly is that even happening? 

I dunno, ask the judges. No one on DCP is a GE expert. You're jumping into the conversation with a question that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. 

6 minutes ago, 3PoC said:

And yet you are advocating corps' go further in that direction to entertain the masses? 

Should they abandon jazz and classical rep etc... as well because they are too elite for the tastes of Bubba Q. Public?

I'm not surprised, our society in general is moving into an era of anti-intellectualism. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 3PoC said:

Nope, what is going on is a fusion. And in my opinion with the wrong sense of direction. Academic Intellectuals who desire to progress the art form are borrowing the tools from the commercial side yet constructing DCI show designed to force edify the audience into their way of progressing the art. We need people like Quench Jones to design shows not people like John cage.

56 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

But that isn't what I said.  If everything is equal and one is standing still and the other isn't the difficulty should be getting credit in a build up system.  That is the issue.

38 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Saying the group moving is performing at a higher level because of the added difficulty.  In a buildup scale this should be recognized but sadly is not.  Somehow moving became irrelevant to score/difficulty and that needs to be looked at.

33 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

But is the group moving just as clean as the group that isn't moving as much? 

28 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Yes.

27 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

15 minutes ago, Stu said:

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Where exactly is that even happening?

I was connecting the dots between you and Mello.

Just now, Stu said:

I was connecting the dots between you and Mello.

Im not seeing how GE has anything to do with visual scores.