An Analysis of Top 4 Scores

Considering that we had our first west coast corps face off against our first east coast corps, I thought it would be interesting to compare spreads between BD and SCV vs SCV and Bluecoats. Then I decided to compare the spreads of SCV and Bluecoats vs Bluecoats and Crown. Well, one thing lead to another, and then....

I created this:

T3Qw9B9.png

A few notes and disclaimers before somebody gets upset by this:

1. It's been nearly two weeks since Bluecoats and Crown have competed, so any changes would not be accurately represented in these numbers.
2. Blue Devils guard score seems quite high. This is likely inaccurate, but I followed the same method throughout. It was caused by the most recent spread between BD and SCV guards (.5) and the recent SCV/Bluecoats spread (.4).
3. In the weighted scores section, I set all spreads by the most recent high score, which was the Blue Devils.
4. Essentially, each score was determined by looking at the 3 most recent matchups and giving weight to each score. The most recent matchup received a 5/8 weight, then a 3/8 weight, and the least recent received a 1/8 weight. In instances of only 2 available scores, the most recent score was given a 3/4 weight and the least recent was given a 1/4 weight. I could give more information on methodology, but it might be a lengthy read.
5. These are only numbers. They do not tell the full story. However, some conclusions and insight can still be drawn from them.

Please feel free to ask questions, I'd be more than happy to answer.

• Like 4

Just now, Standing O said:

What would be interesting is looking into who put who were.  Numbers are numbers but who is behind them would surely show personal biases.  For example:  Has Torchia ever put anyone above BD---ever?

Yep. Last year she had BD 2nd in CG at the Houston TOC. Next.........

5 minutes ago, Standing O said:

What would be interesting is looking into who put who were.  Numbers are numbers but who is behind them would surely show personal biases.  For example:  Has Torchia ever put anyone above BD---ever?

My mistake. It wasn't the Houston TOC. Let me find it.

Nice work... to me it will be interesting to see how much in each caption there is a turnover in ordinal rankings as we approach finals.   What I mean is that this year looks to be a year where no one sweeps the captions and in fact there could be some interesting bubbles up in certain captions with SCV and Crown to rob points away from Coats or the BD and thus still lends viability to a "Dark Horse" victory.  So getting as many 2nd place caption positions as possible (to go with a few 1st place ones) could be a major factor.   

1 minute ago, Standing O said:

just once?--she is not the only one.  Keep digging.

1 minute ago, Standing O said:

just once?--she is not the only one.  Keep digging.

Why dig? You said once. And i called you on it. Based on your previous post in other threads, you are convinced that BD is cheating and nothing that anyone says will change your mind. Until you can provide a shred of evidence that's happening (which it isn't so you won't), I am finished here. Time to sit back and watch some great drum corps on Flo. You have a good evening.