i know where you live

Marc Kasowitz, is that you?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Marc Kasowitz, is that you?

no just someone that;s known the OP for 30+ years LOL

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

no just someone that;s known the OP for 30+ years LOL

As long as transcripts of your emails don't start turning up on MSNBC.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2017 at 0:55 PM, Morphy00 said:

There unfortunately isn't one answer as to why the corps is smaller this year. It truly fits into the "stuff happens" category. As I talked with fellow hornline members at the end of last season, the reasons why people weren't planning on marching this season were all over the board. Some were getting married, some were starting new careers, some were going to DCI, some were starting families, some just wanted a summer off to relax and then some didn't want to march because all of their friends has decided not to march, and undoubtedly there were likely some that didn't have fun or had issues with the staff. My reason? I had marched 19 years and wanted to see what "normal" people do with their summers. 

MBI has historically (in the last 10 years) had a good sized contingent of long-term vets the come back year after year so recruiting hasn't been a large focus. You can usually pull in a few bodies over the course of the season, whether HS kid, veteran or jr corps kid when they get off tour. This year however, it ended up being a perfect storm of vets not returning that I think even the best skilled recruiting corps would struggle with. I think regardless of score or placement at finals, the corps itself will emerge a stronger entity after this season through bolstered recruiting practices, improved alumni relations and a little introspection on what the corps wants itself to be. 

Note: I do not speak for the corps. Any observations are my own.

Hey Rookie - you just decided to be REAL for a season - can't say I blame you, brother...It's just taken since 80,81 and 82 for the corps to shrink this far..It doesn't matter how much money you spend on the program, travel, world class arrangements or hoity-toity uniforms and equipment...If you ain't got the horses - it ain't gonna happen...gotta work with what you got, and make it the best you can..  BEEN THERE - SEEN AND DONE that!!!

Pat

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Ron H said:

Being in the audience last Saturday, I thought MBI's hornline was dreadful. That said, their guard and percussion did not seem one bit off their game at this time of year (in fact I thought the guard was even better than last year). And the sizes of those sections were quite typical of the corps - nothing has changed there.  I have little doubt those two sections will still be in the top 3 at DCA, as they were last year.

It's just the hornline that needs major work. And yes, that's a big task.

Their staff is comprised of a smart group of people. They know their issues and are taking steps to remedy them.

RH - I was at the humble adobe watching with the wife and sister - I WAS  a bit concerned with 26 horns - but more concerned that if they try to keep the books as is - they will hurt more than their scores..You and I both know the history going back to the late 70's and early 80's - I'm hopeful that our family leaders can make the decision to adapt the package - or we might see another "meeting at Earl Orf's house".

Sorry for you fans and friends - it's an inside joke among MBI dinosaurs:whistle:

Pat

On 7/14/2017 at 0:31 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

As long as transcripts of your emails don't start turning up on MSNBC.

why use email when you have DCP?

• Like 1