Centerville Soaring Sounds - Aug 1

24 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Congrats to Oregon on beating Pacific Crest tonight!

Boo!  :-)

Oh, for the days when our major score complaint was the slow carrier pigeon service. 

Great conversation with a truck driver for the Cavies (not PopcornEater1963, who wrapped up a week of duty). What a ton of work everyone goes through to keep the corps moving, fed, rested, safe. Let alone performance ready.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Did Crown use the parking lot for practice? ;)

posted from the DrumScorps app

Cavaliers had a great run tonight. They've really tightened everything up and are firing on all cylinders. Crowd ate it up. Earlier in the season the hornline was a weak point but they're sounding much cleaner. Guard still has some breaks which they will need to eliminate if they want to challenge for best guard.

Now, don't hate me, but here's a bad thing. The micing of the full corps is not good. This is the 4th time I've seen them live and it's never been this noticeable, but tonight it was far too loud. The sound coming out of the speakers was harsh and piercing at times and impossible to  balance, since whichever voices happened to be closest came out loudest. Maybe it was because of my seat location but I found it very unpleasant and detracted from both the horn sound and the overall show. Sorry, not hating, just recounting my experience.

Still, Cavies win with a huge score!

Edited by FLBuzcut

Anyone got correct scores?

4 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Anyone got correct scores?

@CorpsScores: ① Centerville OH
Cavaliers-91.9
BStars-86.15
Mandarins-82.7
Colts-79.85
Troop-79.65
ORCrusaders-75.9
PCrest-75.7
Genesis-74.4
Cascades-72.5

m....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

Cavaliers had a great run tonight. They've really tightened everything up and are firing on all cylinders. Crowd ate it up. Earlier in the season the hornline was a weak point but they're sounding much cleaner. Guard still has some breaks which they will need to eliminate if they want to challenge for best guard.

Now, don't hate me, but here's a bad thing. The micing of the full corps is not good. This is the 4th time I've seen them live and it's never been this noticeable, but tonight it was far too loud. The sound coming out of the speakers was harsh and piercing at times and impossible to  balance, since whichever voices happened to be closest came out loudest. Maybe it was because of my seat location but I found it very unpleasant and detracted from both the horn sound and the overall show. Sorry, not hating, just recounting my experience.

Still, Cavies win with a huge score!

I don't believe they are micing the corps. Maybe this was unintentional? I've seen them twice and not once did I hear the corps through the speakers. Regiment on the other hand, very noticeable.