Centerville Soaring Sounds - Aug 1

I'm still gobsmacked by The Cavaliers' brass line.  That's the best I've heard my corps play in a decade.  It was focused, energetic, and very loud.  Oh yes.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, JohnD said:

We're generally pretty good with handling numbers.  I'm afraid this is a case of GIGO - Garbage In/Garbage Out.

Once we see an update to the recap on DCI.org, I'll update the numbers and republish the recap.

Sorry folks.

Haha! I just thought it was funny. No worries

30 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

I agree it looks whacked.  But stranger things happen.  Genesis got knocked down 10 points last year overnight from Muncie to Lisle, and spent a month earning back those ten points. 

That is horrible.  I hate seeing scores fall at all, for any corps, but 10 points?  There is no way that was justified.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Congrats to Oregon on beating Pacific Crest tonight!

I think this is the first time OC has beaten PC in a head to head.  But bigger congrats to Genesis.  Huge score bump.  Nice job!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I'm still gobsmacked by The Cavaliers' brass line.  That's the best I've heard my corps play in a decade.  It was focused, energetic, and very loud.  Oh yes.

Word of the night:  gobsmacked

• Like 1

Glad to see our Genesis kids gain a little ground on PC / OC.  Not sure if there's enough time left in the season for them to make it close, but I know they are digging hard.

Big thanks to the DrumScorps app folks - really enjoy your service and fully understand that you are working with what you get.  There is loud complaining in another thread but I didn't want to encourage that OP by posting there.  Your work is greatly appreciated!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

That is horrible.  I hate seeing scores fall at all, for any corps, but 10 points?  There is no way that was justified.

It was last year, so trying not to relive it.  But both Genesis and Legends got drilled overnight (by about 10 and 7 points respectively) and spent a lot of time scratching back.  It was a clear score correction by DCI.

• Like 1