Does BAC overtake Cadets by San Antonio?

I feel like I'm in the minority but I can't stand the cadets show this year and that makes me sad. I was on the other side last year and loved the show. I do think Boston has a legitimate shot at passing up the cadets.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

I feel like I'm in the minority but I can't stand the cadets show this year and that makes me sad. I was on the other side last year and loved the show. I do think Boston has a legitimate shot at passing up the cadets.

I'm retaining final judgement until I see it live but I'm more with you on this one, though I wouldn't say I loved the 2016 show.  

And I've felt this way way before the tour premier in June.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I'm retaining final judgement until I see it live but I'm more with you on this one, though I wouldn't say I loved the 2016 show.  

I have seen both live, a couple of times each.  Two totallly different shows with different looks.   I'm a little more familiar with The Cadets since I had the opportunity to see them in spring training and witnessed a very nice progression with them as they continue to clean and add to their show.   But to pick one over the other from a scoring standpoint?  Man, that's a tough one.   If I've learned one thing about this season, it's you can pretty much toss out any predictions made, along with any preconceived notions about what corps A or corps B will do.    This is a whole new DCI and I kinda like that way!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I have seen both live, a couple of times each.  Two totallly different shows with different looks.   I'm a little more familiar with The Cadets since I had the opportunity to see them in spring training and witnessed a very nice progression with them as they continue to clean and add to their show.   But to pick one over the other from a scoring standpoint?  Man, that's a tough one.   If I've learned one thing about this season, it's you can pretty much toss out any predictions made, along with any preconceived notions about what corps A or corps B will do.    This is a whole new DCI and I kinda like that way!

I was more talking about how I feel about Cadets show.  It just rubs me in a really really really weird way and there are some moments where I am genuinely confused at certain design decisions, or lack of in one part.  

But like I said. I'll open up that can after I see it live.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I was more talking about how I feel about Cadets show.  It just rubs me in a really really really weird way and there are some moments where I am genuinely confused at certain design decisions, or lack of in one part.  

But like I said. I'll open up that can after I see it live.  

I can respect that. One thing about The Cadets this year is that I don't think there are going to be many fence-sitters.   I get the sense that people will like it,  or perhaps not.   One thing their show does is create an emotional response.  As an art form, it succeeds in this area for most.

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I'll keep waiting for them to change my mind and I really hope they do! It wouldn't be the first time a show finally grew on me at finals.

Edited by DasTuba

I've heard they have something not so subtle waiting to be added... they're currently hiding behind those stained glass panels at the back of the field 

my worry is the kitchen sink is coming 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I've heard they have something not so subtle waiting to be added... they're currently hiding behind those stained glass panels at the back of the field 

my worry is the kitchen sink is coming 

......and to me the kitchen sink is already there in the first place.  

• Like 6