Does BAC overtake Cadets by San Antonio?

5 minutes ago, craiga said:

A lot of folks are pinning a great deal of hope on the Cadets future closer.  That new minute or so of music and drill must be something!

No but it's an unfinished product until the show is finished. 

6 minutes ago, craiga said:

A lot of folks are pinning a great deal of hope on the Cadets future closer.  That new minute or so of music and drill must be something!

A lot of people are counting them out on July 12th as if the season is over. Boston may overtake them, but just because it happens does not mean that's the end of it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

A lot of people are counting them out on July 12th as if the season is over. Boston may overtake them, but just because it happens does not mean that's the end of it. 

There's a work ethic history and a competitor instinct that some people will never understand about the Cadets. Going to be an interesting 5 weeks

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, craiga said:

No. I think a lot of people like the show as it is and just want to see it finished. Using the word "pinning" as you did implies that the last minute will save the corps. I don't think Cadets fans see it that way.  They just want a finished product. The show does have a temp closer. It's not like they didn't have a lot of drill on the field at season's intro. They had more than a lot of corps did. The Cadets show is a really good show, even without the last 30 seconds or 1 minute.  Some may not think so, but then again you are not going to like every corps. 

This whole argument was started over competition and scores, not what is best for the marching members. People just want to know whether they [The Cadets] can catch the Cavaliers with the ending or whether Boston will eat their lunch (just having fun). :)  But the most important thing is to add show changes in a manner that best suits the schedule and the process of learning. 

I get that there is a large argument to be made about unfinished shows, ticket sales, what is fair to the paying customer, etc.  That might make for a good separate thread. I recall we have had discussions like that in the past. Almost every corps out there is guilty to some extent or another when it comes to having a finished show on the field at the start of the season. 

• Like 3

I enjoyed both shows in Jupiter... I wish the best for both and love the excitement of competition as of late... As a marching member, Cadets always was a corps you looked at in awe... Just happy that there is a similar level of product and performance. Honestly I think the Cadets/ Cavies spread is a little suspect.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, craiga said:

No matter what happens tonite.. or in San Antonio.. or in Indy. ( and Craiga here knows this too, imo ).. the bottom line is that the Boston Crusaders are methodically going about the business of building a DCI future Champion at the Boston Crusaders. Can the Cadets ultimately prevent the Boston Crusaders from eventually topping them ?. Well, of course, nobody knows one way or the other. its only guess work, and speculation alone. So to that extent there can be no right or wrong answer to that question. But if the question is asked, its my opinion,totally biased as it may be, is that its is just now a question of " when ", no longer a question of " will they ?". Boston organizationally is now putting everything in place to make what I believe to be an inevitable outcome eventually become... well.... inevitable. Topping the Cadets sometime soon is part of the long term goal, but it is by no means the end all and the be all with the long range plans of the Boston Crusaders. Its part and parcel of providing the MM's at Boston superior instruction, quality experiences, meticulous planning that makes sense, entertaining shows, and upward placement mobility that ultimately has a DCI winning Championship as its ultimate placements goal down the road... not just the limiting, but quite interesting nonetheless, timeframe of " can Boston top the Cadets before San Antonio ? ".

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

Does it matter?

Let's say after all is said and done that cadets are 6 and BAC is 7 but the score difference is minute. Would that be enough to help BAC recruit the best and be a top 6 threat for the next few years? 

Or if BAC does pass the cadets what statement does that make?

Which show is more exciting this year from the perspective of a potential marching member?

I feel that ultimately the Cavaliers, phantom, and BK are all factors on the overall placement of these 2 corps...but given staffing changes and their relatively close geographical bases the story is really about the cadets and BAC.

21 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Perhaps it's not so much counting them out as it is not counting them in - as a medalist. Many other corps won't medal either, doesn't mean fans won't enjoy their programs.  We all know that being a finalist is special. 

Other than a few videos and Flomarching which only allows you to see through the lens cameras and hear the quality good or bad of the recording, I'm looking forward to viewing Cadets live in DeKalb. 

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No matter what happens tonite.. or in San Antonio.. or in Indy... the bottom line is that the Boston Crusaders are methodically going about the business of building a DCI Future Champion at the Boston Crusaders. Can the Allentown Cadets ultimately prevent the Boston Crusaders from eventually topping them. Well, of course, nobody knows one way or the other. its only guess work, and speculation alone. So to that extent there can be no right or wrong answer to that question. But if the question is asked, its my opinion... totally biased as it may be, is that its is just now a question of " when ", no longer a question of " if ". Boston organizationally is now putting everything in place to make what I believe to be an inevitable outcome to eventually become... well.... inevitable. Topping the Cadets sometime soon is part of the long term goal, but it is by no means the end all and the be all with the long range plans. Its part and parcel of providing the MM's at Boston superior instruction, quality experiences, planning that makes sense, entertaining shows, and upward placement mobility that ultimately has the top of the Mountain as its ultimate goal.

As it should be. Ultimately Boston is not in this to beat just the Cadets. They want a DCI title. Don't blame them. That's what all the corps would like. But it is nice when you can beat someone who has long bested you in competitions. I remember seeing the Bluecoats finally beat corps like the Cavaliers, then Phantom, then Madison, and thinking to myself "holly cow, did Bloo just beat those groups." It is a thrill for fans, alumni, and the marching members.  But then I would say "I wonder if we'll ever beat Garfield, BD, SCV?"  Watching Bluecoats beat Blue Devils in 2007 was unreal, even if BD still went on to win the title. Of course, now Blooo has a DCI Championship. 

I have no doubt Boston will win some match-ups with Cadets. Maybe this year, and certainly in years to come. They are clearly heading in the right direction and seem like they are ready for top 5 to top 7 consistency.  At some point they may just break into top 3. If Bloo and Crown can do it, then so can Boston. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Does it matter?

Let's say after all is said and done that cadets are 6 and BAC is 7 but the score difference is minute. Would that be enough to help BAC recruit the best and be a top 6 threat for the next few years? 

Or if BAC does pass the cadets what statement does that make?

Which show is more exciting this year from the perspective of a potential marching member?

I feel that ultimately the Cavaliers, phantom, and BK are all factors on the overall placement of these 2 corps...but given staffing changes and their relatively close geographical bases the story is really about the cadets and BAC.

The final DCI results do matter because of 2018 show seedlings. 7h place corps often performs before intermission, which is both a rehearsal and competitive disadvantage. Not to mention recruiting impact 

• Like 1