Does BAC overtake Cadets by San Antonio?

2 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

True. Maybe if those staff members felt respected and appreciated at their old corps, they'd still be teaching there. Why someone chooses to blame another corps for capitalizing on the incredible opportunity to land so many gifted arrangers and instructors is beyond me.

I think he's right. 

• Like 3

Maybe it was just time for a change. There is no other corps bar BD that had the stability in staff that Cadets had so GH couldn't have been that bad. In the long run, the change will probably benefit both corps. 

Perhaps, just perhaps we shouldn't villify corps staff members for taking positions with a competitive organization.  For once, the sports analogy is valid, but it goes further than that.  Almost none of the design and/or tech jobs in DCI pay anything close to a professional scale for training, experience, or marketability.  Most would see these jobs as a "labor of love."  Why restrict their opportunities as they are serving youth programs?  This isn't exactly Kevin Durant territory here.

Who knows, maybe the renewed East Coast rivalry will make both corps better!

Edited by JohnZ
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, E3D said:

Honestly I did not know how to properly reply to that post. I see a couple of members have a very good way to respond. 

We always strongly recommend immediately reporting and NOT continuing to quote a potentially offensive post - it causes those responses to frequently be deleted too.

Discussion edited and the reported post removed.  As always, apologies for the collateral damage.

Follow the community guidelines

Practice safe posting

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine

Everyone realizes, I assume, by overtaking them means a couple of points in spread? They won't get there I'm afraid. 0.2 last night against a corps with an incomplete show is a start, but that's a long road to grow in point spread. Now, can they stay in the "any given night" range...probably, but overtake, which is pull away...doubtful. To pull away/overtake means Cadets plateau while BC keeps climbing. That won't happen. 

Edited by JKT90

Just like BAC improving more than one or two spots from 2016 with a new staff won't happen, either. THAT was the dcp wisdom only 4 weeks ago.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, JKT90 said:

Everyone realizes, I assume, by overtaking them means a couple of points in spread? They won't get there I'm afraid. 0.2 last night against a corps with an incomplete show is a start, but that's a long road to grow in point spread. Now, can they stay in the "any given night" range...probably, but overtake, which is pull away...doubtful. To pull away/overtake means Cadets plateau while BC keeps climbing. That won't happen. 

Read 'em and weep! (for today anyway)

DElZwJRVYAEI_-U.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, George Dixon said:

well after your reading this ridiculous post I can really say I've "seen it all"

Personally think you're being over dramatic here. Staff aren't going to just go up and leave a stable position for a little more money. And from the many second hand accounts we've seen on DCP (as well as a couple first-hand privately from friends/acquaintances), I don't think it's far-fetched to say some people got tired working for YEA. 

And regardless, blaming/vilifying staff for moving to a better opportunity is dumb. 

• Like 3