Celebration in Brass Johnston, IA

7 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Beer is everywhere. Liquor is locked up at 10. 

When I lived there (and I'm pretty sure this is still largely the case),  beer was available in PA at two types of establishments -- beer "distributors," and restaurants. The distributors would sell only full cases of beer. Restaurants (actually, the bars at the restaurants) could sell you up to two six packs, and the markup was noticeable.

Recently, some grocery stores and convenience stores (like Sheetz) have taken advantage of the restaurant loophole, and used that as an avenue to sell six packs. In a full grocery store (like Kroger or Wegmans), you have to pay for the beer at a specific register that also handles the "restaurant" (sandwiches and stuff). Maybe its changed in the last few years. But that's how I remember it.

When I moved away from PA, a whole new world of liquor and beer sales opened up to me.

Go Bluecoats.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Precious Roy said:

When I lived there (and I'm pretty sure this is still largely the case),  beer was available in PA at two types of establishments -- beer "distributors," and restaurants. The distributors would sell only full cases of beer. Restaurants (actually, the bars at the restaurants) could sell you up to two six packs, and the markup was noticeable.

Recently, some grocery stores and convenience stores (like Sheetz) have taken advantage of the restaurant loophole, and used that as an avenue to sell six packs. In a full grocery store (like Kroger or Wegmans), you have to pay for the beer at a specific register that also handles the "restaurant" (sandwiches and stuff). Maybe its changed in the last few years. But that's how I remember it.

When I moved away from PA, a whole new world of liquor and beer sales opened up to me.

Go Bluecoats.

In Illinois, you can buy anything practically anywhere at anytime.  I don't even want to speculate on what happens in Wisconsin  but I do know that they sell beer at gas stations. 

In Indiana, you can't buy any alcohol in a store on Sunday.  But you can have a beer or a drink at a restaurant or bar.  

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

In Illinois, you can buy anything practically anywhere at anytime.  I don't even want to speculate on what happens in Wisconsin  but I do know that they sell beer at gas stations. 

In Indiana, you can't buy any alcohol in a store on Sunday.  But you can have a beer or a drink at a restaurant or bar.  

Minnesota just started Sunday liquor sales!

7 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Go Bluecoats.

I grew up in Youngstown, OH and went to college at YSU. We used to drive over the state line to Sharon, PA to hit the Quaker Steak & Lube for wings and beer. Getting beer in the restaurant, as you said, was easy. But you're right about buying beer anywhere else. It was a pain in the rear end.  Not sure about it now, but back then PA had some strange laws. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Polonius said:

just think... in a few years flo will be at every show on tour and we'll all be able to watch all the shows!

OK  - call your shot for tonight's Bluecoats score -

I'm saying.....

I'm saying 83.5

got my juju goin