Cadets 2 out of the Everett Show ?

Hold on there, gang! Until we know under what circumstances C2 is no longer scheduled for this show, maybe we should hold off on jumping to any conclusions and demanding fines and such. Of course, we probably won't ever know the full story.

I mean, people who know me know I'm not exactly a fan of anything YEA :whistle:, but who knows? This IS a FREE show, after all. For all we know, something could have changed, in the sponsor's finances, maybe some backing that was being counted on that didn't come through, or anything at all, really.

Now, OTOH, if it was just a "Oh, that's a lot of travel and expense and we would be better off staying home using that time to get better and not spending all that money to get there", well. . .

But WE don't know that's what this is (And, if history is our guide, we never WILL know).

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, grenadasmoothie said:

Hold on there, gang! Until we know under what circumstances C2 is no longer scheduled for this show, maybe we should hold off on jumping to any conclusions and demanding fines and such. Of course, we probably won't ever know the full story.

I mean, people who know me know I'm not exactly a fan of anything YEA :whistle:, but who knows? This IS a FREE show, after all. For all we know, something could have changed, in the sponsor's finances, maybe some backing that was being counted on that didn't come through, or anything at all, really.

Now, OTOH, if it was just a "Oh, that's a lot of travel and expense and we would be better off staying home using that time to get better and not spending all that money to get there", well. . .

But WE don't know that's what this is (And, if history is our guide, we never WILL know).

But ... staying home to practice is exactly what hostrauser said is the reason ... so we weren't assuming too much based on that comment ... and the "fines" talked about were a reference to the past in DCA and a question of if they still existed ...

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ajlisko said:

But ... staying home to practice is exactly what hostrauser said is the reason ... so we weren't assuming too much based on that comment ... and the "fines" talked about were a reference to the past in DCA and a question of if they still existed ...

They exist still.

• Like 2

doesnt that parade in MA pay well too?

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

doesnt that parade in MA pay well too?

Jeff i would think it does look at all the corps doing it 13 total.BIG BUCKS 

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

"8:00 p.m. Finale"

Do they do a full retreat at this event? That would be cool.

Three hours until the first corps starts. While we're waiting for news, I'll note that The Company today at Leicester defeated their chief rival, Kidsgrove Scouts, for the first time this season. Their score was 77.45. (Kidsgrove got 76.90; Kidsgrove will be at DCA championships on Labor Day weekend.) So unless BDB (or SCVC) has an unimaginable one-day jump in score, The Company will stay at the top of the leader board until the Open Class tour starts in the Midwest later this month.

2 hours ago, AoEnut said:

Well this certainly is a bummer ...

whats a bummer ?

Hi all-

Cadets2 contracted into the Everett show back in April.  In that contract, we had a parade requirement.   Last week after the Clifton show, we had a discussion with George Hopkins about the schedule. After some back and forth, we offered him a release from his contract.   He felt that they would be better served with more rehearsal time.  

Are we happy with that decision? No.  Do we have an option to have his organization fined by DCA?  Yes.  Did we request the fine? No. We decided that we would not request that C2 be fined.   They've already lost their largest paycheck of the season with this decision.  Why make it worse?

Edited by David Hobart
  • Like 5

Thanks for taking the time to share that information.

• Like 1

OK, so, uh, please disregard my previous comments :laughing:. And, David - That was crazy magnanimous of you folks. Pretty sure I would have elected to have "made it worse" :43_slight_frown:.

Edited by grenadasmoothie
  • Like 3