Cadets 2 out of the Everett Show ?

2 hours ago, HBD said:

Sun was trying to put together a third show on Long Island the last weekend of August. It was scrapped early on when no corps would commit to going based on the date. My previous comment has nothing to do with C2 or the Everett show this weekend. I was commenting on Floridasuns comment about 3 lost DCA shows this season.

My bad ... and my most humble apology ... I definitely got confused with all the show/no show activity in these threads ... hope everything works out for everyone ...

Well i guess at this time most corps are getting in some rehersal time before reporting in for the parade ,Should be a great day to be in Everett ,great weather ,clear skys for tonight contest .Good luck to all completing corps tonight ,Parade starts at 4 ,contest at 7pm.

Edited by Florida Sun

l see another show cancelled ,not showing any more on the DCA web stite ,Erie Pa.Thunder Birds show ,Skyliners ,White Sabers,Cinn,Trad.Excelior And host Thunder Birds August 19.

I guess I am still stuck in the 80's when it seemed we wanted to do as many shows as possible, let lots of people see us perform and also sell junk to make it a little cheaper for each of us to keep marching. I think today maybe some corps look at the WGI model where you practice a whole season and do maybe three shows all but the championship in front of a crowd entirely composed of friends and family of the performers where no money is made from performing, It is purely funded by member "tuition" , a school board,  or booster program.  I guess they hope that someone sees a youtube video and is interested in the corps. In their defense I can see where everyone has seen a corps like Top Secret on video  and knows who they are but very few in the US have seen them live.   I think any show being cancelled is frustrating to the sponsors, the performers and the fans and any cancelled show does not help DCA building its brand. I don't have any answers for anything but had to type out some of my frustration. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

l see another show cancelled ,not showing any more on the DCA web stite ,Erie Pa.Thunder Birds show ,Skyliners ,White Sabers,Cinn,Trad.Excelior And host Thunder Birds August 19.

Sky had to pull out. They've had a rough summer off the field. 

8 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I guess I am still stuck in the 80's when it seemed we wanted to do as many shows as possible, let lots of people see us perform and also sell junk to make it a little cheaper for each of us to keep marching. I think today maybe some corps look at the WGI model where you practice a whole season and do maybe three shows all but the championship in front of a crowd entirely composed of friends and family of the performers where no money is made from performing, It is purely funded by member "tuition" , a school board,  or booster program.  I guess they hope that someone sees a youtube video and is interested in the corps. In their defense I can see where everyone has seen a corps like Top Secret on video  and knows who they are but very few in the US have seen them live.   I think any show being cancelled is frustrating to the sponsors, the performers and the fans and any cancelled show does not help DCA building its brand. I don't have any answers for anything but had to type out some of my frustration. 

it's not exactly cheap to move a corps. i know one show lost its venue...thats not corps being cheap, thats not finding a place to run the show. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's not exactly cheap to move a corps. i know one show lost its venue...thats not corps being cheap, thats not finding a place to run the show. 

Even if you can replace the show site, you may also have to replace housing and rehearsal facilities, which isn't easy when there's no immediate timetable, let alone under the gun.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 5:17 PM, Florida Sun said:

Its bad enought that DCA lost 3 shows this year ,we'll start with Bucs ,Downinggtown no show,Excelour show canncelled ,Sunrisers last sunday in aug,Couldn\t get corps to take the show .Not looking good folks ,

C2 originally was supposed to be at the Downingtown show before they decided to go to Everett -

On 7/29/2017 at 6:19 PM, icecubeguy said:

C2 originally was supposed to be at the Downingtown show before they decided to go to Everett -

on the eve of his own Annapolis DCI show, Hopkins announced on his social site that C2 had withdrawn from doing the Annapolis show exhibition before DCI judges. He didn't give any reason. Some wonder about housing falling through, some whether the mms and instructors could do the midweek show, some whether they are not just ready for prime time. Who knows.

I know their stable emptied at the end of DCA championships when more than two dozen of their members auditioned for DCI and  were given contracts, most in Cadets. Rebuilding year for sure.

12 hours ago, xandandl said:

I know their stable emptied at the end of DCA championships when more than two dozen of their members auditioned for DCI and  were given contracts, most in Cadets. Rebuilding year for sure.

Glad to see that in that way, the program is working as intended for Cadets. It's been one of their big selling points.