Cadets 2 out of the Everett Show ?

I see another show cancelled ,Aug5,DCA Woodstock no longer .

That was called when Alliance decided not to field this summer. While it is tough for the corps to lose a show, it is like a domino effect for the smaller geographically dispersed corps. Less corps means less corps to show up for shows, and less shows means less opportunities for corps to perform. That is why when I see corps who want to do lots of shows can only get 3 shows in for the season, it aggravates me to see someone canceling a paid show appearance.  Back on the original threat with C2, I made a donation to the Cadets organization in the past and in about 2 weeks after DCI is over I expect to get an email saying now that DCI is over we need 20k to make sure C2 can get to DCA. It wouldn't at all surprise me if the deficit is exactly what the Everett show would have paid.  

It seems that here in south every time you think the beginnings of a reasonable circuit with a good schedule in the south could happen something happens to tear it apart. 5 years ago there was Tampa, The Sun Devils, CV, Alliance (Inactive for 2 years), and Gold, you would think with Southern nights coming on they could have a real regional thing going with lots of show opportunities, but the Florida Corps fell apart, Alliance who seemed to be looking up decided that this year was just not feasible and suddenly there is only 1 DCA show in the south for the season. Fortunately  the DCA/ DCI open class shows give them some performance options. Hopefully next year there will be a reasonable Florida Corps and Alliance to give a good quorum for southern shows again.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, totaleefree said:

That was called when Alliance decided not to field this summer. While it is tough for the corps to lose a show, it is like a domino effect for the smaller geographically dispersed corps. Less corps means less corps to show up for shows, and less shows means less opportunities for corps to perform. That is why when I see corps who want to do lots of shows can only get 3 shows in for the season, it aggravates me to see someone canceling a paid show appearance.  Back on the original threat with C2, I made a donation to the Cadets organization in the past and in about 2 weeks after DCI is over I expect to get an email saying now that DCI is over we need 20k to make sure C2 can get to DCA. It wouldn't at all surprise me if the deficit is exactly what the Everett show would have paid.  

It seems that here in south every time you think the beginnings of a reasonable circuit with a good schedule in the south could happen something happens to tear it apart. 5 years ago there was Tampa, The Sun Devils, CV, Alliance (Inactive for 2 years), and Gold, you would think with Southern nights coming on they could have a real regional thing going with lots of show opportunities, but the Florida Corps fell apart, Alliance who seemed to be looking up decided that this year was just not feasible and suddenly there is only 1 DCA show in the south for the season. Fortunately  the DCA/ DCI open class shows give them some performance options. Hopefully next year there will be a reasonable Florida Corps and Alliance to give a good quorum for southern shows again.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:06 AM, totaleefree said:

I would expect if C2 sends out a email blast asking for donations to get them to finals that someone returns it with links to this thread. Pretty crappy to be the returning champion and hose a show sponsor a week or two before the show because you want to stay home and practice. I could understand if it was a hurricane or some financial reason stopping them from making the show. If it were a excuse like it cost them 24K to rent busses and travel 26 hours to make the show i might understand. But this was not the case. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2017 at 9:06 AM, totaleefree said:

That was called when Alliance decided not to field this summer.

This is not the first time Alliance has started the season and then went inactive for the remainder leaving a cancelled show on the schedule. I'm not sure they can continue to do that to DCA and their membership if they want to ever consider themselves active again. You can only dip into that well so many times till the element of trust is broken. 

Dose not mater. both corps any $$$ if they were they or not