Hotlanta - July 12th

1 minute ago, Barneveld said:

1044232c93fb0614ff4a9dd1d175892f.png

Yup!... haha!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flguardman said:

Spirits score is fixed 66.45

Whoo. They're stepping up this year too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Boston topped Cadets in Brass, Guard and Percussion.. trifecta.

By the way, congratulations to the Cavaliers tonite for their win. We should not forget their accomplishments here tonite either, imo

I heard they had a rough run

4 minutes ago, tommynev said:

I heard they had a rough run

Cavies? That's what I was thinking by looking at the scores. Huge gaps between content and achievement.

3 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Cavies? That's what I was thinking by looking at the scores. Huge gaps between content and achievement.

Yeah, meant Cavaliers, sorry. Responded to the wrong comment lol. The gap between rep and performance at this point in the season is a good thing. 

Edited by tommynev

Congratulation, Boston.  How exciting!!!!  Great to see the organization step up AND be rewarded for taking big risks.

Harvey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:
Drums Across America
7/12/2017 - Atlanta, GA
World Class
The Cavaliers
Boston Crusaders
The Cadets
Colts
Spirit of Atlanta
Jersey Surf

WOW!  First and foremost on an historic night like this I must congratulate the Boston Crusaders on a great defeat of the Cadets. First time in 37 years. These are fantastic benchmarks and no matter who you root for one has to feel good for Boston's fans, alumni, and current members.  Great stuff...and they do have a fantastic and powerful show that I am sure is leaps and bounds better than when I saw them in Massillon. 

Must also point out that the sky is not falling for The Cadets. A 79.5 is pretty darn good at this juncture. Only 2 tenths under a corps that I believe we are all acknowledging is really good. 

And man, the Cavaliers continue to prove a lot of people wrong with their solid and consistent performances. I can't wait to see them live to really get a feel for that show. 

Also, did Spirit go down in score? Were they not just in the low or mid 60s at the last show? 

Edited by jwillis35

24 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Whoo. They're stepping up this year too. 

While Spirit may be the best they have been since 2013, I do not think the show will get them out of the 20-25 range. Surf and Pioneer have weaker shows and performers, but some Open Class groups will take them in the end as well. Keep recruiting guard and keep designing smarter not harder. 

Edited by westcoastblue

Ok, I see Spirit's score got fixed. Thank you. :)

On July 8th in Orlando the Crusader's were 1.45 behind the Cadets and tonight they bested them. They are now only 1.8 behind the Cavie's. The question is no longer will the Crusader's beat the Cadet's before San Antonio but will the Crusader's beat the Cavie's in San Antonio. I say in San Antonio as I don't think they will be competing against one another again until then.

Edited by Bsader
mistake
  • Like 4