Hotlanta - July 12th

Colts over 70, woohoo!

• Like 1

The Cadets didn't have a bus problem, they had a traffic issue. I was watching the Colts drumline warm up and overheard a member of the Cadets staff say that they are installing a new opening so Hopkins decided to give them an extra hour of practice today. They planned out the extra practice time, but didn't account for how much worse traffic would be by leaving for the show an hour later. So the extra 30 - 45 mins They spent in traffic delayed everything.

Attendance was ok tonight, but the main problem was the location. Powder Springs is this odd little town that isn't far from Atlanta proper, but has no major roads going to it. It is impossible to get in and out of there. I live in a central part of North Atlanta and it took me 45 mins to get home with no traffic. Close to 90 minutes to get there for the show when leaving before 4pm. With all the choices of venues in the Atlanta area, it is amazing why they always seem to find the most out-of-the-way places to have these shows.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Sorry, meant "new closer". Don't want to start a false rumor. :)

12 minutes ago, Bsader said:

On July 8th in Orlando the Crusader's were 1.45 behind the Cadets and tonight they bested them. They are now only 1.8 behind the Cavie's. The question is no longer will the Crusader's beat the Cadet's before San Antonio but will the Crusader's beat the Cavie's in San Antonio. I say in San Antonio as I don't think they will be competing against one another again until then.

This. 

30 minutes ago, Bsader said:

On July 8th in Orlando the Crusader's were 1.45 behind the Cadets and tonight they bested them. They are now only 1.8 behind the Cavie's. The question is no longer will the Crusader's beat the Cadet's before San Antonio but will the Crusader's beat the Cavie's in San Antonio. I say in San Antonio as I don't think they will be competing against one another again until then.

Why is everything constantly about who Boston is going to beat??? Its like every message board that mentions Boston talks about this? its starting to become annoying. It's like every thread is hijacked with this. 

I get it... good for Boston.

i get it... you should be excited.

but you beat an incomplete Cadets by .2 one time, it's exciting but when it becomes a consistent score with a larger gap then talk bigger. Right now Boston has the most complete show on the field out of the 3 corps.

Cavaliers had a bad run tonight and the gap was still almost two points. Cavies have their best corps in years and have the same gap between them and the top tier corps that Boston has Cavies.

BAC fans are now becoming the crown fans from a few years ago. Noting other conversations on these boards I'm not the only one noticing it. There's already 2 other threads on this we don't need another.

Edited by GREENBLUE

" SHE DID IT !! "

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Why is everything constantly about who Boston is going to beat??? Its like every message board that mentions Boston talks about this? its starting to become annoying. It's like every thread is hijacked with this. 

but you only beat an incomplete Cadets by .2 one time. When it becomes a consistent score with a larger gap then talk bigger.

Cavaliers had a bad run tonight and the gap was still almost two points.

BAC fans are now becoming the crown fans from a few years ago. Noting other conversations on these boards I'm not the only one noticing it.

So kill them for being excited.  You have no idea how long it has been to climb back up the rankings.  That's because you have no idea of Bostons history.  And as far as your comment "why is it constantly about who Boston is going to beat"?  It isn't Boston fans generating that.  You are making fake news to steal a recent pop culture phrase.  Boston is having a good season.  Far better than many of the same apparently annoyed people you are inferring to thought they would. If you are bothered by it; too bad.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, CAC303 said:

The Cadets didn't have a bus problem, they had a traffic issue. I was watching the Colts drumline warm up and overheard a member of the Cadets staff say that they are installing a new opening so Hopkins decided to give them an extra hour of practice today. They planned out the extra practice time, but didn't account for how much worse traffic would be by leaving for the show an hour later. So the extra 30 - 45 mins They spent in traffic delayed everything.

Attendance was ok tonight, but the main problem was the location. Powder Springs is this odd little town that isn't far from Atlanta proper, but has no major roads going to it. It is impossible to get in and out of there. I live in a central part of North Atlanta and it took me 45 mins to get home with no traffic. Close to 90 minutes to get there for the show when leaving before 4pm. With all the choices of venues in the Atlanta area, it is amazing why they always seem to find the most out-of-the-way places to have these shows.

What makes you think corps have a "choice of venues"?   Like they have a "choice of housing sites"?  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I'm having déjà vu from the Orlando thread.... haha

• Like 3