2017 Southwind - "Toxic Mind"

1 hour ago, DawsonBurnes said:

https://www.facebook.com/LastinMemories/

This page posts great pictures of us!

Really great pictures. I guess I'm a little ansy. I really would like to know how the show is being received. Not really any kind of reviews that I've seen.

53 minutes ago, mjyaub said:

Really great pictures. I guess I'm a little ansy. I really would like to know how the show is being received. Not really any kind of reviews that I've seen.

I would imagine that will change with subsequent issues of Drum Corps World. Only one show in our first swing was covered and we've been off for another round of everydays up until last night.

As for videos, we do not (yet - it's being considered against the budget) have distribution copyrights for our show. One of our staff consultants is a librarian for The President's Own, and she keeps us strictly in line with what is legal or not legal for us to do. We are simply not willing to risk losing our copyrights for performance, as much as we're all dying to drop some buzz online. As much as it costs, though, we have to weigh it alongside what is financially responsible for the corps. We don't want to be making any 24-hour pleas for fundraising because people wanted to see the show on YouTube, if that makes sense.

• Like 2

Of course don't blame you at all. Thanks for that explanation. With your busy schedule you didn't even need to but I appreciate it. Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

Last show for Southwind before Michigan City.

If there is any silver lining to going on first in a show, with the last few rainouts, it is the early Corps at least got some judges' critiques the others missed.

Have a GREAT show tonight!!!

• Like 2

Last year when schedules came out and I saw Soutwhind on the list for Championships I was incredibly excited.  One of my all time favorite ballads and non finalist shows is that incredible 2000 show.  Loved the 2005 show as well.  Seeing them back on the field for the first time in a decade at Championships and leaving that kind of an impression is easily one of the highlights of the 2017 season for me, and man I'm excited to see where they take this group in the coming years.  Fan-freaking-tastic job the last two nights.  What a season!  

• Like 5

Congrats on a great return season!!!

Now, go show those WC Corps what you got on Thursday!

• Like 3

Awesome performance today!!!  So proud of what you've accomplished this season!

• Like 4

Shoutout from local Mobile TV (via SW FB page):

• Like 1

Hey CrownBariDad - I hope you are so happy with all the fan love we gave to Southwind this summer because they blew all of us away.  I did not read ONE NEGATIVE COMMENT about Southwind's performance - it was all stars and amazement and love.  I hope you convey to your daughter/staff member that SW has a bunch of new fans who aren't parents of members, former members, or Alabamians - we're just people who love great music and fantastic young people like the members of SW.  I think this corps has such a great future and I am happily looking forward to following them more closely next year.  Blessings & joy - a retired music teacher.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Hey CrownBariDad - I hope you are so happy with all the fan love we gave to Southwind this summer because they blew all of us away.  I did not read ONE NEGATIVE COMMENT about Southwind's performance - it was all stars and amazement and love.  I hope you convey to your daughter/staff member that SW has a bunch of new fans who aren't parents of members, former members, or Alabamians - we're just people who love great music and fantastic young people like the members of SW.  I think this corps has such a great future and I am happily looking forward to following them more closely next year.  Blessings & joy - a retired music teacher.

As always, thanks for the kind words!  Yes, I made sure everyone I knew at SW were aware there were nice things being posted over here.  I'm hoping this is just the start of great things for SW.

• Like 2