Can Cadets Overtake BAC By San Antonio?

A margin of .15 is functionally a dead heat.  It isn't so much about overtaking as it is about getting that slightly more favorable read from one caption judge that night.

• Like 1

I was there tonight. Boston is cleaner and more polished. Cadets have a great show and a lot of potential, but are much dirtier right now. Their brassline is less mature rbut if they clean and really develop over the last month, I do think this show has legs to go far. I think this is one of the more enjoyable Cadet shows in years for me. It feels old school in ways, yet is pretty fresh in ways. I'm usually not a fan, but it's got great potential for end of season success.

BTW.. That Boston staff is getting everything out of that corps and more. There is no reason they should be this good with decent talent, but great teaching is great teaching. We are seeing why you pay for great talent. 

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, geluf said:

A margin of .15 is functionally a dead heat.  It isn't so much about overtaking as it is about getting that slightly more favorable read from one caption judge that night.

Yeah and last years finalsxwerecacdead heat between Bluecoats and Blue Devils.  Yeah Bluecoats would agree I'm sure.

For cripe sake are you that biased against Boston you can even give any recognition that they beat Cadets? WTH?  And the BD that they got a slightly more favorable read.  Ahhg! That's how this works!!!

8 minutes ago, geluf said:

And it was from .8 behind to .2 ahead.  That's a 1 point swing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

I was there tonight. Boston is cleaner and more polished. Cadets have a great show and a lot of potential, but are much dirtier right now. Their brassline is less mature rbut if they clean and really develop over the last month, I do think this show has legs to go far. I think this is one of the more enjoyable Cadet shows in years for me. It feels old school in ways, yet is pretty fresh in ways. I'm usually not a fan, but it's got great potential for end of season success.

BTW.. That Boston staff is getting everything out of that corps and more. There is no reason they should be this good with decent talent, but great teaching is great teaching. We are seeing why you pay for great talent. 

No reason they should be this good with decent talent.  Pay for great talent?  What the heck does all that mean?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

No reason they should be this good with decent talent.  Pay for great talent?  What the heck does all that mean?  

The talent on the teaching staff, which they paid for, is getting the most out of marching members who otherwise would not be performing at such a high level.

My translation.

Edited by mfrontz
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Simply that you can tell the corps is fairly talented, but that the staff is getting more out of their members right now in terms of the finished product than Cadets. "Paying for talent" means the staff they brought in and spent a lot of money to hire. Sorry if I wasn't very clear. That was a big story in the offseason. 

Edited by trumpetcam