Time to join FloMarching?

8 hours ago, insideout said:

So 30 days from July 14 is Aug 12 if I count correct. Stupid me, I bought it on July 13. So that means I need to go without come Aug 11, or fork over $50 for two days? That is so misleading.

Maybe you can contact their customer service folks. They might just extend your subscription if you explain the mistake in buying a day early. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SFZFAN said:

Maybe you can contact their customer service folks. They might just extend your subscription if you explain the mistake in buying a day early. 

I contacted them via Twitter and they explained the 30 day thing, but I just sent another message asking about finals and explaining I cannot justify another $50 for one day. Hopefully they can extend it out without me paying $50. That is a LOT of money!

On 7/14/2017 at 9:17 AM, Candid Insight said:

Wondering if this might present a problem for Flo as it requires two crews.  Different time zones, so it looks like you can watch the DeCalb feed and switch over to Denver for the last few corps.  

I had no problems with FloMarching (Smart TV, wifi, Roku, FloMarching app) for the first few events.  But last weekend my feed kept reloading on multi cam, no as bad on high cam. At one point, the feed reloaded back to 3 previous corps (weird) and then went back to live.  For SCV there were times it was reloading every 15 seconds.  Frustrating!!!! This week I think I might cat 5 directly into the device to minimize any lag on my end and hope for a smooth feed.

I can frankly care less that they are required to have two crews.  My problem is that I can not watch two events at the same time.  As I recall there was something in the agreement that said I could not have two connections connected at the same time.

I use Roku and had a similar problem with the SCV portion.  Another problem was when there might have been a closeup of a soloist or the pit and you could not hear them playing. 

As I recall last year the connection stayed on for about an hour after the show was over so you could go back and rewatch parts of the show.  This season when the show is over it ends and I see no way at any time go back and watch a part of a show again.  Not only that but there was a show recently where they cut off their feed before the scores were announced.  Hello, that is a part of the show.

Edited by Madera Dons

They apologized for cutting off before scores for that one show, and they have not made that mistake since.

Having multiple shows airing at the same time, with no ability to multitask or replay, sucks. But they are bound by the terms of the license agreements that DCI and its members agree to. 

Is it true FloMarching will not be showing the top 12 corps of finals, and can I watch past events on FloMarching?

9 minutes ago, Mikah said:

Is it true FloMarching will not be showing the top 12 corps of finals, and can I watch past events on FloMarching?

You CANNOT watch past events.  You can only watch live.

Finals week, FloMarching should show:

Thursday: from the beginning until corps #16.  The top 15 will only be available in the movie theater (same as previous years).

Friday: All of it

Saturday: All of it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

They apologized for cutting off before scores for that one show, and they have not made that mistake since.

Having multiple shows airing at the same time, with no ability to multitask or replay, sucks. But they are bound by the terms of the license agreements that DCI and its members agree to. 

Hopefully, they learned their lesson on cutting off early.

I am in the process of merging the two show schedules to help me when I am attempting to bounce back and forth between the two shows.  I hope Roku is ready for all my button pushing today.

I bought the full year, FloPRO package. I have found some interesting events and features on their, dozen or more, other channels. Also using Roku and did experience the same glitch at the end of the last telecast, as described by "Candid Insight" earlier. I will also now get a chance to watch WGI and BOA-type events I haven't watched before. I do like the 3-person panel on FloMarching who sits down for a 30 minute recap of the week's DCI action. This year's Flo effort is absolutely better than the previous DCI-Live package.

Again, each individual is at the mercy of their OWN home equipment and set-up. I can imagine it just isn't worth it for some drum corps fans who are unable to receive Flo properly.

Planning to purchase again next year . . . . .  but, it's still too early to be sure!