Bakersfield, CA - July 14, 2017

Resound

Bakersfield, CA | Friday, July 14, 2017

LINEUP & TIMES (PDST)

All times local venue and subject to change.

5:00 p.m. Box Office Opens
7:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:08 p.m. Blue Devils C - Concord, CA
7:24 p.m. Incognito - Brea, CA
7:40 p.m. Watchmen - Riverside, CA
7:56 p.m. Impulse - Buena Park, CA
8:12 p.m. Intermission
8:27 p.m. Blue Devils B - Concord, CA
8:43 p.m. Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA
8:59 p.m. Golden Empire - Bakersfield, CA

The final weekend for O.C. in California. Note that Gold is not yet in the mix. By comparing tonight's gap from BDB/SCVC to Golden Empire, we should get a sense of how close Battalion and Columbians would be to those groups. (Saturday is the last show for those two corps at Drums Along the Rockies.) Curious to see how much Impulse has improved, since they're going to O.C. championships.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The final weekend for O.C. in California. Note that Gold is not yet in the mix. By comparing tonight's gap from BDB/SCVC to Golden Empire, we should get a sense of how close Battalion and Columbians would be to those groups. (Saturday is the last show for those two corps at Drums Along the Rockies.) Curious to see how much Impulse has improved, since they're going to O.C. championships.

I have never seen as probably most people also the Columbians and the Battalions. Just a two week season. From Youtube  video performances they look pretty amazing. Too bad they can't do a longer season just yet but I understand the need to be financially stable.

2 hours ago, afd said:

I have never seen as probably most people also the Columbians and the Battalions. Just a two week season. From Youtube  video performances they look pretty amazing. Too bad they can't do a longer season just yet but I understand the need to be financially stable.

Yeah, see Thunder and Eruption for counter-examples. I hope that in another couple years, these two corps can get to the SoCal championships.

Thank you for posting these scores; I had to cancel my So Cal trip this past Monday since I cannot fly due to emergency retinal reattachment surgery in Honolulu last weekend. My son is a 2nd year trumpet at SCVC and from his updates they are working like Mad Men/Women. SCVC's new costuforms were debuted last week as well; I will try to post a pic if requested. 

6 minutes ago, TRacer said:

Thank you for posting these scores; I had to cancel my So Cal trip this past Monday since I cannot fly due to emergency retinal reattachment surgery in Honolulu last weekend. My son is a 2nd year trumpet at SCVC and from his updates they are working like Mad Men/Women. SCVC's new costuforms were debuted last week as well; I will try to post a pic if requested. 

You are most welcome.  I also wish I could have been there to see the Cadets but I am 4 months out of hip surgery and the 2.5 hour drive each way would have killed me.  Hopefully, they will be on one of the online live shows.