3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

Ok. At the show. Intermission now. Incredibly gorgeous evening, shorts & sweatshirt weather, light chilly breeze, pristinely clear skies. Perfect night for drum corps!!

Mandarins are the real deal this year (I had my skepticism). They lit the place on fire and perform with so so so much energy. Their guard is OUTSTANDING and sells the show. Such a neat show to sell, too. The entire corps clearly LOVES the product, as they should. I got so many chills throughout the performance. My *only* question...does the design have enough demand to take them into Saturday night? We shall see. But overall, a flat out incredible performance and the best group they've ever fielded.

OC had by far the most delicious and rich brass sound of the first half of the evening, and the most technical brass book. The show was a bit less exciting following Mandarins, but was elegant and beautiful. Very reminiscent of Midnight Garden. It's a super smart and detailed design and I think we'll FINALLY get what we haven't seen from Oregon since they entered world class: a crystal clean corps in Indy that has cleaned their program to the point of nuance & detail. It's not as over the top and memorable as Hunted or nevermore, but it's perfectly suited for the ensemble and I'm excited to see them finally max out a design. Depending on the other corps in the neighborhood, I think they have a fighting chance to place as high as 15th with this vehicle.

Scades are their best since rebuilding, as mentioned many times in previous threads. Voice overs are a bit cheesy. Design is yet another terrific step up. A notable air of confidence exudes from the group. I'm calling it now: they stay ahead of every Open Class corps in Indy, yes, BDB & SCVC included. Love the Sia & Shosti combo closer.

Battallion & Colombians were both impressive. Excellent ways to close out their respective seasons. Make the trip to Indy soon, both of you!!!! Can't believe Battallion has only been competing for two or three years.

Onward to the second half!!!!!!!!! Could not be more of a beautiful evening!!

• Like 7

Anyone know what's going on with PC's tuba holes? I saw them at Stanford and they had 6 tubas or so. At the Rose Bowl I think they had 10. It looks like thy only have 7 out tonight.

1 minute ago, AROD24601 said:

Anyone know what's going on with PC's tuba holes? I saw them at Stanford and they had 6 tubas or so. At the Rose Bowl I think they had 10. It looks like thy only have 7 out tonight.

Good question. I mean, it IS a physically taxing instrument to march, and the altitude in Denver does really take its toll on the performers. Maybe it knocked three of them out?

• Like 1

There is a horn line member marching without a horn.

posted from the DrumScorps app

2 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Good question. I mean, it IS a physically taxing instrument to march, and the altitude in Denver does really take its toll on the performers. Maybe it knocked three of them out?

They had more in Utah.  Still looking and sounding good

posted from the DrumScorps app

Had to logon to Flo twice during the shows, kind of annoying.

It's going to be interesting how the scores will play out after tonight.. SCV was on fire tonight. 

• Like 1

Strong showing by Pacific Crest.  Great job!

Hoping to see "real" ending soon. 

• Like 1