3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

I think we can all agree that the only way to beat BD is to outperform them. The design nod is not going to help anyone much if they don't perforn at the same level. Crown is at that level, but I don't think design is quite as strong yet as the other 3. I think Bloo has a chance, but my gut says SCV is strong enough in design and can potentially match BD in performance by the end of the season. Beating them head to head several times in numerous captions tells me they have a real chance. Regardless, Its a great top 4, maybe the best of all time. 

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 1

Just now, cube said:

BD's show has no visual content whatsoever compared to pretty much any other top corps. Why they're scoring so high is beyond me. I'd place them near Crown. Maybe that's why I'm not a judge.

The Judging panel makes a big difference, Caleb Rothe single handily gave BD the championship in 2015. 

3 minutes ago, Usually Mistified said:

The Judging panel makes a big difference, Caleb Rothe single handily gave BD the championship in 2015. 

So you are saying BD never earns anything.  The hate is strong with this one.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Usually Mistified said:

If Rothe would have put BD second in percussion, they still score 97.250 and win. Sooooooo............

• Like 6

I saw this show and I thought the placements and spreads were fine.  I have loved BD since I was a child and my dad (his name was Gerald Ferreira and he was a drum corps judge in the 60's and 70's) at the time tried to get me in the C corps guard, but Jerry Seawright, who was one of the kindest men on the planet, was not able to accommodate just one boy in the C corps guard.  He did offer to let me join and be taught how to play a horn or join the percussion section.  It just was not my thing.  Anyway, a 1.15 spread over Bloo is great for BD, but could easily be made up by Bloo before Finals.  SCV was only a 1.10 behind BD the last time they met so who knows what will happen the next time they meet, and then of course Crown and BD have not even completed yet.  Crown has scored high and they could be the front runner for all we know.   I saw BD at Stanford and their show is really starting to come together.  I think it has some truly beautiful music and the show has become visually stunning.  I also think SCV has great moments and I love their drill.  It is still too early to declare BD the champion.  Let's just appreciate the corps and all the moments we love in the shows this year.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, cube said:

It just seems like BD parks and plays almost the entire show.

Only half...