Baron DeKalb's Regimental Tattoo - NIU 7/15

One comment about the show tonight...

Speaker placement.

NIU stadium once had a track around the football field. The stands are cantelievered over the site of the former track.  Row one of the stands is probably 20 feet above the field and closer to the sidelines than probably any other venue in all of drum corps.  I'm certain the corps have a set configuration for there sideline equipment including their speakers.  

Unfortunately Cadets and Cavaliers didn't take the lip of the cantilever into account and had their speakers too far forward and were beneath the stands.  You could not hear the Cadets vocals and Cavaliers had a nasty reverb from an echo under the stands that reflected also off the back stands.  I thought it was pretty bad and demonstrated a lack of attention to a basic understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the electronic equipment.

• Like 1

Edited by Cavie74

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

All the b*tching about Phantom's hornline and they're still doing a lot better than Blue Stars' lauded hornline. Just saying 

They got obliterated in Visual Analysis tonight, interested to know if it was a dirty run or what 

Would've liked to see a slightly higher spread between them and the Stars but I'm happy to see that Phantom's still doing better than what a lot of people on DCP have been making this show out to be :)

Well I don’t understand how Regiment is beating Blue Stars and Crossmen. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cavie74 said:

Speaker placement.

NIU stadium once had a track around the football field. The stands are cantelievered over the site of the former track.  Row one of the stands is probably 20 feet above the field and closer to the sidelines than probably any other venue in all of drum corps.  I'm certain the corps have a set configuration for there sideline equipment including their speakers.  

Unfortunately Cadets and Cavaliers didn't take the lip of the cantilever into account and had their speakers too far forward and were beneath the stands.  You could not hear the Cadets vocals and Cavaliers had a nasty reverb from an echo under the stands that reflected also off the back stands.  I thought it was pretty bad and demonstrated a lack of attention to a basic understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the electronic equipment.

The old man actually pointed that out to me before Colts ever hit the field.  I swear to God. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cavie74 said:

Speaker placement.

Where were your seats? Just curious

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Well I don’t understand how Regiment is beating Blue Stars and Crossmen. 

"I don't understand how X is beating Y" is a post I see you make a lot. 

Not sure what to think of that. 

• Like 1