The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

7 hours ago, Alzam81 said:

Man you're so lucky!! Do you go to all the big shows? That is on my bucket list.. Travel across the US and go to all regionals.. Since we can't rely on good video and audio (garbage flowmarching). Still fuming. Cheers and safe travels!!!

Didn't go to any regional last year.  We wanted to go back to San Antonio because we really enjoyed the city when we were there in 2006.  And we have friends from Louisiana meeting us and sitting with us at the show.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

This is interesting and just an FYI regarding security at the Alamodome on Saturday:

* INCREASED SECURITY MEASURES * 
Due to the increase in security it is suggested that you arrive earlier at the Alamodome. Amoung the measures that will now be in place are: 
1. There will be an increased security presence both inside and outside the Alamodome. 
2. Small handbags & purses will be allowed in the Alamodome, but will be inspected at all entrance gates. Inspection tables will be set-up outside the North, South and East gates. 
3. Large bags, coolers and backpacks WILL NOT be allowed in the Alamodome. 
4. Once fans have exited the Alamodome, they WILL NOT be allowed to re-enter for any reason. 
5. Signs will be posted throughout the interior and exterior of the Alamodome, as well as in the parking lots listing the new security procedures.

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Liahona said:

This is interesting and just an FYI regarding security at the Alamodome on Saturday:

Due to the increase in security it is suggested that you arrive earlier at the Alamodome. Amoung the measures that will now be in place are: 
1. There will be an increased security presence both inside and outside the Alamodome. 
2. Small handbags & purses will be allowed in the Alamodome, but will be inspected at all entrance gates. Inspection tables will be set-up outside the North, South and East gates. 
4. Once fans have exited the Alamodome, they WILL NOT be allowed to re-enter for any reason. 
5. Signs will be posted throughout the interior and exterior of the Alamodome, as well as in the parking lots listing the new security procedures.

Yikes.  I understand why they're doing it but that's a long time to be in the stadium.  I might have to wait until Indy to see some of these corps.  

Looks like I'll be coming in after 7 p.m. 

Bummer. United sent me a travel alert regarding bad weather at O'Hare Thur through Sun. I think they are indicating the risk is high for delays and cancellations. My flight out is Fri morning. Guess I'll browse through rescheduling options.

2 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Bummer. United sent me a travel alert regarding bad weather at O'Hare Thur through Sun. I think they are indicating the risk is high for delays and cancellations. My flight out is Fri morning. Guess I'll browse through rescheduling options.

Ugh.  We're supposed to leave on Southwest at 8:25am Friday. 

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Weather guy here in Chicago said that the storms will be late Friday.  

Hope it turns out that way and that you're unaffected and on your way.

My first flight is out of Indy, and so I just rescheduled through Houston. The United alert meant any additional fees or fare was waived. And United service was fast and excellent making the change. Surprised and happy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liahona said:

So to clarify, if we want to catch a few shows, then go out to watch a lot we can't go back in to watch the other shows? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Hope it turns out that way and that you're unaffected and on your way.

My first flight is out of Indy, and so I just rescheduled through Houston. The United alert meant any additional fees or fare was waived. And United service was fast and excellent making the change. Surprised and happy.

Safe travels!  Enjoy the show!