The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Sounds like that is the case.  That was my plan. 

That stinks. For the last 5 years (excluding the one I marched) I've be going to watch a few corps and cool down then watch some lots to see my friends. I wanted to see Spirit and then watch my team warm up later that night. 

• Like 2

Starting to think about packing for SA, and I wonder about this: Given this year's major singing competition and amped brass lines, are we at a point where I could connect to Alamodome Wi-Fi and just get all the music through my Beats wireless headphones? Isn't it kind of old fashion to use unaided ears?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, CCond said:

So to clarify, if we want to catch a few shows, then go out to watch a lot we can't go back in to watch the other shows? 

It means if you want to catch a few shows...then go out an visit with family and friends and/or go see your son or daughter if you have any that is participating or part of a corps...then you won't be allowed back in the stadium...horrible policy...that's the new age we live in though...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Liahona said:

It means if you want to catch a few shows...then go out an visit with family and friends and/or go see your son or daughter if you have any that is participating or part of a corps...then you won't be allowed back in the stadium...horrible policy...that's the new age we live in though...

Last time I was in SAT, I watched the corps up through my son's corps, went out to the lot to visit with him for awhile, and then went back in and watched the rest.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

On 7/18/2017 at 5:40 PM, Terri Schehr said:

Just about finished packing. Jim has his priorities. :-D

i0lc10i.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

I think my brother opted to print the tickets at home... Wasn't that an option upon purchase?

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I got them from Crown. 

Ahhh. We did it through the DCI/ticketmaster website. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:
1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Starting to think about packing for SA, and I wonder about this: Given this year's major singing competition and amped brass lines, are we at a point where I could connect to Alamodome Wi-Fi and just get all the music through my Beats wireless headphones? Isn't it kind of old fashion to use unaided ears?

I know you're joking, but the dome wifi has been garbage for years.  You can't count on it for jack. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CCond said:

Definitely joking. I am all supportive of San Antonio without headphones.

Soon, though, maybe. After all, if the corps are all going electronic, maybe the audience can, too. And sit there and watch on iPad Pros.

Oh, wait. That will just be like staying home and streaming, won't it?

• Like 1