The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

On 7/16/2017 at 11:39 AM, Terri Schehr said:

This week can't go by fast enough.  C'mon Friday!  See y'all down there!  :12_slight_smile:

Can any recommend a great BBQ place that is within walkable distance of the Alamo Dome?

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Definitely joking. I am all supportive of San Antonio without headphones.

Soon, though, maybe. After all, if the corps are all going electronic, maybe the audience can, too. And sit there and watch on iPad Pros.

Oh, wait. That will just be like staying home and streaming, won't it?

ah no.  You'll be able to hear something.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

None of the Texas Monthly Top 50 in the state (or honorable mentions) are in walking distance, but there are a couple that are a quite short drive.

Map here.

Bill Millers is delicious...but it's a San Antonio fast food chain, essentially. If you don't get Texas BBQ often don't waste the opportunity on the chains. I would recommend going to The Granary. It's under 281 in the Pearl Brewery area. It's a very short uber ride from the Alamodome. Delicious BBQ and it's a microbrewery. Win win. I'm from San Antonio, and that's the best BBQ you can get without driving for quite a long way. 

• Like 3

I've received confirmation from DCI that you can get a hand stamp to come and go throughout the day at the Alamodome. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, CCond said:

Bill Millers is delicious...but it's a San Antonio fast food chain, essentially. If you don't get Texas BBQ often don't waste the opportunity on the chains. I would recommend going to The Granary. It's under 281 in the Pearl Brewery area. It's a very short uber ride from the Alamodome. Delicious BBQ and it's a microbrewery. Win win. I'm from San Antonio, and that's the best BBQ you can get without driving for quite a long way. 

How is Uber there?  We've had zero problems using it in Indy when we're there. 

14 hours ago, CCond said:

http://thegranarysa.com/

Sounds great! 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1