The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Was it me, or did the BD ballad almost completely fall apart? That felt like a really rough run. I don't know what happened in the opener but it seemed to throw the timing for the whole show off.

I think it was you. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Was it me, or did the BD ballad almost completely fall apart? That felt like a really rough run. I don't know what happened in the opener but it seemed to throw the timing for the whole show off.

For once, I agree with you :)

Holy Cow!  Blue Devils I simply have no words. What a show!  This is becoming my favorite BD show in 10 years, even over 2015.  That brass book is just incredible. If anyone can challenge Carolina in brass it is definitely Blue Devils. Their balances were just incredible tonight. Solos were fantastic (although I couldn't hear the trombone soloist -- mic issue maybe). Their guard is spectacular, but especially in that ballad. What incredible writing. Still think they need to fine tune the visual just a bit at the very end, but this show can easily win it all, just as SCV could. 

Way to go, Devils!!!  

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 7

What a fantastic full day of drum corps!   Every corps from top to bottom has been super enjoyable in its own way.  I love the variety of shows this year.

• Like 2

Just now, MikeRapp said:

I agree with you completely. The whole show was off and I think it had to do with percussion. The battery was not on tonight. I think that was what put the show on tenterhooks. 

2 minutes ago, crownisking said:

They've corrected most of their issues. Let's not get rid of a decent product and then end up missing what we had before when the next streaming service really is crap.

Your definition of "decent" is ... curious.

• Like 1

Drumline battle. Crossmen tenors look like they'd rather be out of uniform and headed to the sleep site for floor time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

I just don't get how some can't appreciate that BD show.  I'm not even really a BD fan.  The GE is insane.  I'm rooting for SCV like nothing else, but the Devils are going to be very hard to beat.

What GE? I'm not getting anything that says metaphorposis except for the uniform changes. Can you explain what GE Blue Devils is presenting? I can't see it, so lay it out. 

• Like 1