The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

Just now, jmc5682 said:

2015 Devils was amazing and amagical.  I loved that show.  Children Will Listen was beautiful.  Their show was so well put together and cohesive.  Crown did not have a great run Finals night.  BD deserved that title and they will deserve this years title once they win it!

Isn't it fun to have these arguments all over again? You're wrong, but that's OK.

• Like 1

On the whole  I thought the placements were about right for this 1st regionals. I might quibble with the spreads between a few Corps, but that'll take care of itself down the line, imo.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think complaining about individual judges' scores is a bit ridiculous. The reality is that all the corps have some serious work to do, so the time of moaning and whining has to end. If your corps wants to move up, then do the work, whether that means change the show where it is weak or commit and clean the snot out of it. I think the overall placements tonight are a pretty good snapshot of how things stand. Time to get to work! 

The irony is that lots of people complain about slotting, and then when a judge possibly calls it like they see it in THAT ONE PERFORMANCE, people lose their freaking minds because the such-and-such section of such-and-such corps is "definitely top <insert high placement>." So basically these folks DO want slotting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pudding said:

There's certainly a lot of blind BD hate out there, but a lot of people (myself included) are justifiably criticizing their design team for designing to the sheets to chase rings instead of designing shows that are both scorable and accessible. I have nothing but the highest respect for the Blue Devils performers, they always excel at the highest level.

I feel like everyone is doing that now though. SCV, Bluecoats, and especially Crown and Cavaliers.

If everyone's designing to the sheets then I have no choice but to root for the team that's doing it the best. That's BD.

• Like 1

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Didnt lentz leave after animal farm?

Yes. Boston decided not to rehire Michael Lentz and bring him back after his one season at Boston.

1 minute ago, pudding said:

There's certainly a lot of blind BD hate out there, but a lot of people (myself included) are justifiably criticizing their design team for designing to the sheets to chase rings instead of designing shows that are both scorable and accessible. I have nothing but the highest respect for the Blue Devils performers, they always excel at the highest level.

I think this BD show is more accessible than 2010, 2012, and 2013.

• Like 2