The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

1 hour ago, MotoSurfBass said:

And now, since I need to know, are those movies Fellini, Truffaut, Kurosawa, or other? :laugh:

S. Ray, R. Bresson, and yes, Kurosawa A.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I think that is what the tapes are for.

True. I guess the difference is that maybe there should be a process for making the tapes or their contents public, along with the scores. It would make the judging seem less arcane. Though knowing how crazy some people get about this "band" stuff, it's probably best for the judging community that the tapes/contents remain somewhat private. 

1 minute ago, Ediker said:

True. I guess the difference is that maybe there should be a process for making the tapes or their contents public, along with the scores. It would make the judging seem less arcane. Though knowing how crazy some people get about this "band" stuff, it's probably best for the judging community that the tapes/contents remain somewhat private. 

I also think DCI is needlessly opaque about the adjudication. I'd love to see them release the actual sheets in use each season, some tapes from big shows, maybe  more from the AD or the chief judge about how judges are trained and reviewed.

8 hours ago, CorpwithanS said:

Disappointed?

Not disappointed--although, as I previously mentioned, it would have shown particular fortitude to intentionally break the rules. Also would be highly appropriate in a show where the corps literally spells out "G U I L T Y".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Because people need a reason to ##### about something not going for their corps.

Not limited to drum corps, of course. Think of complaints in other activities about the Russian judge or, um, Russian interference.

Which maybe should tell us that sometimes drum corps judges are at fault.

But mostly it's the corps' own shortcoming being fairly evaluated, and I think mostly the corps know it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

S. Ray, R. Bresson, and yes, Kurosawa A.

Fantastic choices!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Releasing judges' tapes would require acquiring the music rights for all shows, and would likely be extremely cost prohibitive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

Releasing judges' tapes would require acquiring the music rights for all shows, and would likely be extremely cost prohibitive.

Question? These days what are "Judges Critiques", what is said? who's involved? how frequent? and are they therapeutic lol or constructive? Many thanks for any input.

41 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Not disappointed--although, as I previously mentioned, it would have shown particular fortitude to intentionally break the rules. Also would be highly appropriate in a show where the corps literally spells out "G U I L T Y".

Yes Guilty.    Let all get behind BAC and change  the last 40 years.

• Like 1