The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

4 hours ago, Liahona said:

I'll give a LIKE to your post for whoever can name this marching band... :)

I think that is San Angelo Central High School. At first glance I thought that it was like a BOA marching honor band, but then realized that the Army All-American Marching Band are the one's that perform in the Alamodome and they wear mostly black with a little bit of Gold. 2014 was the last year that I made it out to the state contest, used to live in Austin and was much closer. And it is always a plus to see my old high school in 6A when they were there.

Edited by littlejaw
Adding the video of Central
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I understand that Pioneer is not in the SAT contest which I too will be missing this year. It would be close to a thousand dollar weekend to be there given transportation, tickets, food and lodging. If I had it, I'd prefer to give it to the sponsorees.

That's a shame...but better to be fiscally responsible I guess...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liahona said:

Performance order to be released soon by DCI...

Thanks for getting us started!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I understand that Pioneer is not in the SAT contest which I too will be missing this year.

I saw in the description of the event that they were added at the last minute.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=965779&SPID=166025&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211298190

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I saw in the description of the event that they were added at the last minute.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=965779&SPID=166025&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211298190

It seems you are correct and DCI now has it on Pioneer schedule as well.

http://www.dci.org/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=168108&SPSID=991813&DB_OEM_ID=33500

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

I think that is San Angelo Central High School. At first glance I thought that it was like a BOA marching honor band, but then realized that the Army All-American Marching Band are the one's that perform in the Alamodome and they wear mostly black with a little bit of Gold. 2014 was the last year that I made it out to the state contest, used to live in Austin and was much closer. And it is always a plus to see my old high school in 6A when they were there.

+1

2 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Here's LAST year's schedule for reference in case anyone is trying to approximate when their favorite corps might be performing.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211007526

Well I know one thing for sure Boston will be on AFTER the intermission at least ....haha

• Like 2

Fun fact: With the absence of a domed Atlanta stadium this year, San Antonio will be the only show that will contain every single World Class corps together under a dome, being judged by the same judges throughout a single day, until Prelims on August 10.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Fun fact: With the absence of a domed Atlanta stadium this year, San Antonio will be the only show that will contain every single World Class corps together under a dome, being judged by the same judges throughout a single day, until Prelims on August 10.

Therefore few if any corps will have much chance to experience their show beforehand in light of Dome echoes.................

unless you're BD renting Jimmy Jones' temple in Arlington, TX or BAC shelling out mega-millions like last year pre-Indy.